1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help burning diablo 2 play disc plz...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by griffin21, Oct 28, 2004.

1. griffin21

griffin21 Member

hey, ive got nero 6 and it allowed me to burn the first 2 disc of diablo 2 but at 74% of the play disc it came up with an era that im guessing was the copy right protection... so basically im wondering what program i will need to burn the play disc???

im running a 2.4ghz celeron, 40 g hard drive, 256 sdram

ps. i hope this is in the right forum
    thanksssssssssss

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Only the play disc has protection, which is Securom v4.07-v4.84 depending on the game version. You'll need either Alcohol, Clone CD or Blindwrite to image and burn. More than likely you'll need emulation after you burn it to disc, so you'll need the full version of either app or with Alcohol you can use Daemon tools/script which are freeware.

3. griffin21

griffin21 Member

i tried it with clonecd and same problem occured as with nero..it stopped around 74%... ill download alcholo or blindwrite and see how i go, thanks heaps :)

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

I would recommend Alcohol, just select Securom4x/5x datatype, and 1x DPM (1x is slowest but most accurate) When burning the image to disc make sure 'burn RMPS to disc' is checked, and before running the game off the backup enable RMPS emulation, in the emulation options.

5. griffin21

griffin21 Member

hey thanks for the help :), where do i find the run rmps emulation option??

6. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

It should be set by default, but to check go to options general, halfway down is datatype, on the pull down disc type select Securom New 4x/5x, then the recording options tab, burn RMPS should be checked. Or also when the time comes to burn this option will come up before the process begins. Before running the disc to play, go back to options general and select Emulations, and check RMPS.

7. sci0n

sci0n Member

I have the same problem w/ d2:lod, and I tried CloneCD but it didn't work. CloneCD doesn't work with the new Warhammer 40k game, Dawn of War. Just trying to save you some time.

8. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

@sciOn, Alcohol can backup both these titles. Warhammer 40K DOW will only be playable from backup disc not VD, as it is protected with Securom v5.03.06.0043. I'm positive Clone CD can too, but I'm not as familiar with Clone CD as I am with Alcohol.