1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Burning DVDs Plz

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by copperz, Feb 2, 2007.

1. copperz

copperz Member

OK, so I was happily burning dvd’s for some time now. A week ago I completely restored my system (win xp). I installed all the same programs that I had and same Nero 7 that I used before. Now I just burned 2 dvd’s. None play in my PS2 and will play in the dvd player as black and white and with waves going across the screen but audio is fine. When I put the burned dvd into my computer it plays fine.

my drive supports both dvd-r and dvd+r before the reinstall I could only burn movies with the dvd-r (nero would give me an error msg if I had a dvd+r) now nero doesn’t tell me anything about the dvd+r and I have tried both and both + and – are not working.

Can anyone help me out?

2. copperz

copperz Member

OK, i think i just found out why it wont play in DVD player and PS2. its in PAL, and it should be in NTSC? Correct? If so how do i switch it to NTSC?

thanks!!!

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

If you're in a NTSC region like the US, Canada then yep you should probably convert it to play on the ps2 and player.
    Nero Vision will do that - open the files in Vision either from your hard drive or from the dvd. When you get to the last screen Nero will give you a pop up saying something like 'in pal format do you want to keep this format' (says a little more but this is the gist of it)
    Click No and Vision will convert to NTSC.

Menus if you have any won't convert though.