1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help burning VCD Movie 1365MBs with Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by viking804, Aug 14, 2004.

1. viking804

viking804 Member

I downloaded a movie that is 1365 MBs and tried to copy using Nero. I no that it is going to take 2 disc but I thought Nero would just ask for another CD when it filled the first one. Can anyone help please? Thanx in advance. Viking

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

With our latest Nero Recode 2.1x we can now use AVI, MPEG, Xvid, DivX, etc source files and burn them to CD. But only in MPEG-4 format.

And our Nero BackItUp can span media as well, but this is just a Backup program, it can not creat VCD, SVCD, or DVD video discs.

But we can not do this in our NeroVision, Nero Express, or Nero Burning ROM programs at this time.

You'll either have to split up the file to fit onto two or more disc using a third party software and then burn to CD using Nero, or use another program altogether. Sorry.

Regards,

Craig

3. viking804

viking804 Member

Thanks Craig thats a good name. I share that name also. Anyway So you can use recode and it wiil play on a dvd? Will recode let you split the movie in half? What does that MPEG 4 mean? Also how do I split the Movie up into two sections so it will burn on 2 disc? Sorry for all the questions and you don't have to answer them all just where ever you can help. Thanks again. Viking/Craig

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Always good to meet a fellow Craig. :)

Nero Recode 2.1 will determine where to split based on if you selected to break the movie up into 2 CD's or 3 CD's. ANd of course you can set the bit rate if you prefer, so that will affect the size of the video and where the file is broken up at as well.

The MPEG4 is a new, and some would say improved, MPEG format as compared to MPEG-2. However, it is still very new and that always has its downsides. One downside is that there are currently no DVD Players on the market that support the TRUE MPEG4 standard. There are DVD Players that say the support MPEG4, but only the DivX MPEG4 which is only a subset of MPEG4.

So to be honest, as of today it's not very useful for most users. However, we are working with Sigma chip makers to provide a chip that has our Nero Digital codec that will allow future DVD players to support the True MPEG4 standard, as well as existing MPEG4 files such as DivX and Xvid. We expect DVD Players that contain this new chip to be shipping in Q4. And there is a lot of interest by a number of DVD Player MFG's in supporting the Nero Digital standard.

Regards,

Craig

5. viking804

viking804 Member

I don't no any Craigs that aren't cool and it looks like I just met another one. So can you break it down on how and what to use to take these movies I'm downloading and be able to watch on a DVD player? They are mostly Divx and .avi's Thanks again I apreciate all the help. Viking

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

There are a number of ways to break of an AVI or MPEG file, and then burn to VCD, SVCD, or DVD format.

I'm sure a number of those attending this Forum can provide you with excelent suggestions on programs that can split of the source files for you.

But since you have our Nero 6 software, I'll just address that aspect and let others recommend work arounds they have used succesfully in the past.

You can use our NeroVision Express software to create a DVD using your AVI or MPEG files. Just Launch NVE and add your AVI or MPEG content. Then you can go into the EDIT window and CUT the video down to a size that will fit onto a DVD. (This does not actually cut the original file or modify in any way)

Once down to size, you can then burn to 1 DVD. SO now you would have a DVD with the first part of the Video you wish to burn to DVD.

Then you go back into NVE and add the same AVI or MPEG file and again go into the EDIT window and this time CUT out the portion of the video you already burned to DVD, so that the new segment of the Video fits on to DVD. Then burn this new portion to DVD.

And just keep repeating these steps till you have all the Video on 2 or more DVDs.

Regards,

Craig

7. viking804

viking804 Member

The movie is only 1365 mb that should fit on a 4.7 gig DVD right? I was trying to see how to fit it on 2 CD-Rs. If I can put it on a DVD that easy I will try it. I just want to be able to watch it on a regular DVD player. I thought also when you put an .avi on to a DVD you have to change the audio to make it work. Let me know Craig

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

When you use the NeroVIsion Express software, you are going to create a VCD, SVCD, or DVD. All of which will play on most DVD Players today. The AVI source file will no longer be AVI as most players do not support AVI files for playback.

DVD Is a better quality, so I recommended that as you wish to play it back on a DVD Player. But if you really want to use CD media, you can choose the SVCD or VCD format, but it will take more CDs of course. :)

Regards,

Craig