1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Burning Xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by valbaler1, Feb 16, 2007.

1. valbaler1

valbaler1 Guest

I have read many forums about how to burn xbox games, but i still dont know how to do it. I got my iso, then patched it using craxtion. Then i tried both DVD Decrypter and img burn to try and burn the game on my phillips dvd-r's. I burned one at 2.4x speed and the other at a 4x speed.
    When i put the dvd in my xbox, it would take some time to read it then it would say that the dvd drive was empty.

Please help i have used 9 dvds and they all dont work.

I have a softmodded xbox with xbox media center in it

DVD model: Phillips JS 3235C
    Dvd Firmware: S32M

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Philips discs should work fine depending on what type they are.
    I used them for Xbox games before.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/
    tutorial on how to copy them.
    If you are downloading these and already have an ISO then all you would do is burn it. If you have files then make an ISO with Craxtion4 then burn it. Not sure why you are patching anything.
    If you have the ISO (downloaded), i hope you made a back up copy before you patched it so you can just burn it without patching. If not you will have to get it again.
    craxtion patches the ISO automatically if you have files and make an ISO from them, but if you downloaded it and have an ISO you just burn it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  3. valbaler1

valbaler1 Guest

Thanks but it did not work

I just tried that right know.
    1. downloaded a new iso.
    2. went to dvd decryptor.
    3. Burned it on my phillips dvd-r

It did not work. My xbox took 5 miuntes to read it then it sid the dvd drive was empty.

Does anybody know whats wrong please help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  4. kevbee

kevbee Member

Try this, first install winrar then download game and go to folder and right click on the game and then click extract here ,then the file you have extracted burn to disc that`s all i do. The files you download are rar files so you need to extract them first then burn ENJOY.kevbee.

5. valbaler1

valbaler1 Guest

I did that exactly but my xbox does not read the disks. It wont even read my burned movie files that my dvd player can read. But my xbox can read cd-rw's. What can i do.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

your drive sounds like it is very picky about what DVD's you use. The only fix would be something a pro should handle, and that is tweaking the pots (laser adjustment)
    Other than that you may want to go buy a few small packs of DVD's (like 3 packs) and try different types.
    Possibly even switch to DVD+R
    Verbatim is another brand worth trying.
    Funny thing is that a lot of Xbox's read DVD's fine and not CD's, yours is just the opposite.

That or setting up an FTP connection and transfering the stuff to the hard drive rather than reading it from a disc. Not a great solution unless you have a mod chip and can switch out the hard drive with a big one, the stock one doesn't hold much, about 2 games.

7. valbaler1

valbaler1 Guest

Thanks, i will try that. Dvd+r's dont work on my xbox either.

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  9. Mishy

Mishy Member

i have this kind of the problem...but i rip dvd...and when i insert the dvd in the x box game...i have an error...invalid media type...what do i have to do?

10. steimy

steimy Active member

Mishy, need a lot more information then that.
    how did you make the back up?
    what program did you burn it with and at what speed?
    What type of DVD, brand and speed (like Philips 8X DVD-R)

11. Mishy

Mishy Member

Steimy...i used Alcohol i burned 2 type of DVD`s one was SIX and one was DATAWRITE...at 8x DVD-R both

sorry for the late...i don`t use so much the internet...