1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help - cant access internet on home PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by steve11, Mar 8, 2005.

1. steve11

steve11 Member

i seem to be having some difficuly with my home computer after having to do a complete system recovery at the weekend!

the computer is detecting the realtek broadband modem through the NIC ethernet? card but still cannot seem to access the internet!

fyi realtek external broadband modem with 4mg broadband connection connected to the pc through an ethernet cable,

any help anyone please?

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

4Mb - UK blueyonder by any chance?

have you checked the status lights on the front of the modem. Blueyonder have support pages set up for these.

3. steve11

steve11 Member

its all sorted now, XP had detected the realtek modem but i had to go into its properties and enable all the stuff!!, sorry, i am quite new at this, also anyone recommend any network card, i wouldnt really know what to look for

4. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

I use linksys stuff here, but have not compared enough to make an informed decision

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i've used 3com, d-link, realtek, linksys cards plus via, intel & sis onboard cards