1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help cant lock xb HD!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by td1ddy, Mar 10, 2007.

1. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

hey guys....i have booted using XBHDM on my pc....but it says by xbox hd is not lockable...whats going on here?? am i missing something?? also...how would i pull the eeprom off of my hard drive with my pc?? i NEED to fix this, its annoying

2. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

Few questions.... Does it say it is frozen or freeze locked or just it won't lock? If it says it is frozen, it's due to your pc settings and would mean you are probably using a compaq or hp. Easy fix. How old is the drive? The eeprom is backed up on your original drive when you mod it. I would hook that back up to your box and ftp your eeprom.bin to your pc. I back up all my eeproms to my pc anyway. I would start all over with the new drive if you didn't get your eeprom on the first disc you burned.

3. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

uhm,well it originally did say it was frozen....however i fixed it, and locked it with a random key (to see if it would work) and it finally did....but will i be able to ftp to my box if i am at error screen 5? or 6?

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I would think that if you locked it with a random key., it wouldn't be locked to your system.

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

yup, what he said. you need the eeprom for your xbox. the mobo and hdd marry to each other, so ya you can lock it pretty much with any password, but doesn't mean it will work, mostly ending up in error 5 or 6. if you have your stock xbox hdd, just grab the eeprom from there and use that to lock, but be sure to first unlock with that "random" key first.

6. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

thats the point, HOW DO I MY EEPROM from the xbox if i cant ftp to my box because its giving me an error code because its unlocked

7. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

use your original hd and cold boot the game you did the mod with and redo the mod. This is a little extreme but will get the job done.

8. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

cant boot game, goes to error screen 5

9. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

using your original hd you get an error code. Than you need to find the tutorial on how to extrapolate your password without eeprom. This is why it's helpful to back everything up on your pc.