1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help charging blackberry pearl 8100

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by mmalyszko, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

Hey guys i recently acquired a blackberry pearl. At first it only needed its OS reinstalled cause it was giving me a JVM Error 102, so i found the programs. I turned the phone on again to reinstall the software, but it wouldn't turn on. So heres the problem. I can't charge the phone. I tried using a Tmobile SDA charger, a SLVR charger, a RAZR charger, I even tried using a Laptop to charge the blackberry through a USB cable, and i get nothing. When I plug in a charger or a USB cable to the phone, the red light turns on, then goes off. Then the screen turns on with a battery sign with a electricity mark going through the battery. I don't know what this red light and battery screen popping up means cause i don't have a manual. Anyways what can i do to fix this. My SDA charger has an output of 5V, I'm curious if i had fried the battery or the blackberry using the SDA charger or something. I don't know what the rating is on the SLVR charger. But if i had fried the blackberry itself it wouldn't turn on at all. So, do i get a new blackberry, a new battery, a different charger, What do i do now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.