1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP !!!! Compilation dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kof33, Feb 19, 2003.

1. kof33

kof33 Member

Ok ive been looking around and reading and am now going to bang my head against the wall...

Simply put i want to take individual chapters from various dvds and put them onto one dvd with some kind of menu to be able to choose from scenes
    ((example chapter 3 and 5 from shrek and 2 and 10 from juraasic park all on one dvd with any generic menu)))

I do not want any loss in video or audio.
    I tried dvd extractor but nero keeps telling me im missing files. i tried using ifo edit then nero same thing.

I tried opening the extracted files so maybe i can burn them from another prog no luck.

Maestro im not even bothering with the one version i have says eveything is from a newer version then shuts down.

Im completely lost and no tutorial ive seen covers this.

Backing up a whole dvd is extremely simple with dvdx but my lil project seems impossible.

Any help or tutorials ?

2. malum

malum Regular member

If you want a menu you are going to have to use an authoring program

Maestro doesn't accept VOB files it takes the demuxed streams

You can't just dump a bunch of VOBs onto a DVD and expect it to play them. You need Ifo's to tell it what to play in which order.

If you don't want a menu:
    You need to use VOBedit to join the 'clips' together, then you need to use IFOedit to create new IFO's, then get VTS sectors, then you can burn it.

Search the forum for 'joining clips' funnily enough it's been asked many times before

3. kof33

kof33 Member

If maestro has a crotch i would kick it.

I have 2.9 and it doesnt load up anything on my xp pro machine.

I need another program that will take my m2v files after demuxing allow me to add menus and merge it with my ac3 audio file.

I know i can just merge everything in Ifo but i really want to add a personalized menu option to the compilation.

The errors keep saying ((real preview blah blah when i load it))

Then when i press new , open it says project has been created with newer version and cannot be opened))
    OR when i press compile it tells me no video files exist. This is getting annoyingly frustrating.