1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help connecting to xbox with flashFXP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Jun 15, 2005.

1. mouse246

mouse246 Member

LoneWolfD

How did you manage to connect your xbox because i am having exact same problem

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

PownagE

Just download the newest version of your dashboard or FTP a new dashboard into your box (like Avalaunch).

3. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

I haven't seen this question asked yet, so here goes. Can I rip games without having the evox dashboard installed on my harddrive? Or do I HAVE to copy the dashboard to my xbox to rip games? Thanks for the help!

jamieshan

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@jamieshan

Are you asking if you can rip games without modding your xbox or are just wanting to use a dash other than Evox.

The other thing is a dashboard is highly comparable to a PC's desktop, it's what you see when your box is on. The ripping portion is done by a program (i.e. DvD2Xbox, HDDLoader) installed on the "modified" xbox. You can have various different dashboards installed and still be able to rip as long as you have the right program. No, Evox is not needed but yes the box must be modded.

5. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I have a modded Xbox, but I dont have a custom dashboard installed. I was wondering if I could network my Xbox and transfer files to my pc without having the dashboard actually installed on my Xbox harddrive. Thanks.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Wow, I never heard of any modded xbox being completed without a dashboard. So are you seeing M$ Dash...regular green background about 4 choices Memory, Music, etc...?

If you have FTP capability into your xbox then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do what you're trying to do. Maybe it's just me but I have never heard of a mod without a custom dash.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2005
  7. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Yeah, I get the normal Xbox dashboard with all the options. I want to install a dashboard but I can't get my Xbox to connect. My Evox boot dvd doesn't give me an option to save my settings when I make changes in the settings screen. Not sure what to do at this point. I've been trying to do this for over a year now. Very frustrating!

jamieshan

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Did you try using the most recent version of EvoX??

9. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Actually, I got that last night, but I'm having a hard time getting my Xbox to recognize the disc. I can burn the boot disc to a dvd, right? I've tried using craxation and xiso to make the image but nothing as worked up to this point. Any ideas? Thanks.

jamieshan

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I sthe disc you're using a CD-RW? If not then you will need to try a DvD-R or put the info on a CD-RW. Only specific versions read
    CD-Rs.

11. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

I'm using a dvd-r now. In fact I'm using the same kind that my games are on, but I can't get it to boot. It has to be the way I'm creating the image. I've tried everything I know, but it still will not boot.

12. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Okay. I got the dvd to boot up to the Evo menu. Here are my settings on the settings info screen:

Network
    Type: DHCP
    IP: 192.168.0.102
    Line Status: 100/Full Duplex
    Ethernet MAC address: 00:50:F2:2D:E2:9D
    Setup Network: Yes
    Use Static IP: No
    IP: 192.168.100.10
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.100.1
    DNS: 0.0.0.0

Still can't connect. Any ideas? I appreciate the help!

jamieshan

13. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

CONNECTED! THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE HELP!

14. bartok60

bartok60 Member

what I meant by that was that when I set the xbox IP settings to automatic, the DHCP in my D-link router automatically set the IP address, DNS, Subnet mask and stuff in my Xbox when I connected to Xbox live. But the MS dashboard is made to keep people from FTPing, so you need to mod the Xbox to gain access to the hard disk, I think.

If someone knows how to FTP without modding, that would be really neat.

15. bartok60

bartok60 Member

That was for LoneWolfD from a while ago, sorry. I haven't been on this forum in a while and my message had nothing to do with what was being discussed.

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

WOW. I had forgotten about this forum. Somehow on clean up I accidentally unsubscribed. Anyway, LoneWofl, sorry for the LATE response but even though I was pretty positive on the FTPing to a stock xbox being a no go...I had got my hands on a stock one and talked to some people. But that was weeks ago, once again, I apologize for leaving you hanging or anyone else who was looking for that answer. But no, you can't FTP into a virgin box. It must be modded.

In between all of that, I made a tutorial on FTPing and tried to make it as easy as possible covering all aspects and two Dashboards. The link is in my signature if any members need a guide.

How to FTP...Made Easy

17. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

[bold]Yeah... I have another question... if this forum is still alive that is. About a week ago i took my CAT5 cable crossover cable (system link cable) to my computer maitenance teacher, the dork turned it into a normal ethernet wire. So this leads me to my question, can u connect to Flash FXP without a CAT5 cable?

Thanx for the help although i dont think ill get an answer...lol.

18. bartok60

bartok60 Member

If you have a router or hub, you can use two regular ethernet cables and hook your PC and xbox as nodes in the router/hub. Enable DHCP in the xbox and make sure DHCP is set in the PC and router, and you should be all set to go. Just make sure you have the right IP addresses for each.

19. arek_w

arek_w Member

hi to all,

looks like have same probs like the rest, link from my PC does not work :(. my prob is very similar to "suerthug's" one as I get an error in my XboX ip ie: 10.0.10.42 Err. Can not change anything on the setup side in the Xbox, configured the PC TCPIP as per previous advices.
    Appreciate an advice
    br
    arek

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@LoneWolfD
    [bold]"It's Alive NOW!! ; )[/bold]
    You will need some type of cable regardless of the setup you use. CAT5 Straight cable would be used with a router...a crossover cable would be used for a direct connection. How are you trying to set things up??

@arek_w
    How are you trying to connect to your xbox...via a router or directly with a crossover cable?

There is also a tutorial in my signature that will help you to FTP.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005