1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help connecting to xbox with flashFXP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Jun 15, 2005.

1. arek_w

arek_w Member

crossover. solved it all by now :) as the setup in avalaunch is not very user friendly ;) I have started wandering how dumb I am using triggers and joystick buttons. For now have probs with Qwix and trying to install games direct from PC to XboX.
    Thanks for the link will try to finetune the connection.
    br
    arek_w

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I would think that Avalaunch is very user friendly...and probably one of the more advanced dashes out there counting it's features.
    If you're using a crossover cable, make sure that the xbox and and the LAN connection you're using on the PC both have Static IP's (manually assign them). Otherwise, you will not have a good connection. Oh and you're welcome ; ) hopefullly it will help out.

3. arek_w

arek_w Member

overall agree, except for plugging network details with the analog sticks :(
    by the way is there a thread which deals with sharing network so I could use Xbox Media Center?

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

There was one I was helping a member with I believe...not sure of the link...just start a thread real quick and PM me the link to it...I'll help you out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  5. arek_w

arek_w Member

sure thing, will do. but tomorrow, now enjoying the world of networking :) this Qwix thingy is a blast. wow, no more dvdrw.
    thx again

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

So it's all working for you...tha's good news. I'll keep an eye out for your post on the networking issue...LATER ; )

7. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

[bold]Well, i used to use a the original crossover system link cable to connect striaght to my PC. But now i got a HUB and im using that. In other words i have my router connected to the HUB connecting to the PC and the "now normal (not crossover cable)" is connected to the HUB aswell.[/bold]

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Well, is it necessary to do all of that...are there any ports available on yur router? You could be FTPing in minutes if you used your router for this...I've never heard of a connection being utilized that way for anything other than PC Network gaming. Not saying it's not possible at all, but it's probably a big part of you not being able to FTP.
    So are you willing to just plug your xbox into your router?

9. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

well i guess but that would mean id be disconnected from the net. My router only has one ethernet port so its one or the other. I was wondering if i could FTP through my HUB instead of my router.

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Oh well nevermind then...I tought it might have been a 4 Port router or something. What type of IP system are you using. Static or DHCP.
    If you're not using static, try that. Your PC will need to be made into a static IP as well as your xbox...then try to FTP.

11. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

oh boy. im really not sure but i think its a static IP. Is there anyway to check?

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Of course. My COmputer->My Network Places->View Network Connections->then Right Click on your internet connection->Select Properties->Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)->then Properties

If obtain an IP address automatically is checked and there ar no number below...you're not a static connection.

Plus Static IPs are done manually...if you had done it, you would probably remember.

13. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

oh well the option is checked... so that means i dont have a static IP.

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

To create a static IP...GO to the link below...select your O/S and follow the guide:
    http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm
    edit; Once done, you will need to do the same for your xbox...
    All the info will be the same for the two EXCEPT for theI IP address itself. But subnet, gateway, etc...should be identical

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  15. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

ok will do. Be back as soon as possible.

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Sorry, meant to warn you. As you go throough the steps, once the IP is changed, your PC will disconnect from the net and the connect again. So if you're in the middle of something else that needs the IE you might wanna stop that process first.

17. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

oh ok, so what im basically doing is changing my IP so that the xbox can read it?

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You're changing your IP so that it is constant.
    When two devices like xbox to xbox, xbox to pc, etc...need to connect for files transfer...a static ip will need to be created for each device in order for the transfer to be completed. hat IP will of course center around the Gateway of your router.

So if your routers address is 192.168.1.1
    Then you can change your PC to 192.168.1.100 and your xbox could be 192.168.1.110. Those IPs will be the same unless you change them. Make Sense?

19. LoneWolfD

LoneWolfD Member

eeeeh.....0.o? (scratches head)

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

lol...just get the static ips set up successfully and we'll go form there. Sorry to confuse you...Once that's done, it should just be a matter of seeting up your FTP client.