1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help connecting to xbox with flashFXP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Jun 15, 2005.

1. MartyT

MartyT Member

That's what I don't get because they do match. The user name and Password are both "xbox" and I was told that the port number didn't matter. Connection failed(Connection timed out) is all I get so it has to be somethinng other than the IP address. Thanks for the response

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

How is your setup? Direct connection with a crossover cable or via a router or hub? Make sure your PC and XBOX don't have the same IP as well.

3. MartyT

MartyT Member

It is hooked up through a router and I'm pretty sure that the PC IP address is not the same. How would I check if I was wrong?

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

For the PC
    Click Start ->
    Run ->
    Then type - cmd ->
    Click O.K. ->
    When the black box appears type:
    ipconfig/all

All your info will be displayed for the PC's settings including the IP.

edit:
    If you're not using a static IP, I'd recommend it. Yes it's a little more work and DHCP is a lot easier but you will never have to worry about IP conflicts on your network. You can set that up for your xbox and PC...lemme know if that's what you wanna do and I'll be glad to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  5. MartyT

MartyT Member

I'm using Evox and it has been set to static IP in settings and I would rather keep it like it is to keep things familiar.

6. MartyT

MartyT Member

Never mind everyone I got it to work. Hurray!

7. MartyT

MartyT Member

Sorry but I have one final question for anyone who can help me. How do you transfer xbox games to your xbox through your computer if it is possible?

8. MartyT

MartyT Member

Also does anyone know if there is any other way to transfer media files from your PC to your xbox that fail to transfer through FlashFXP?

9. woody_

woody_ Member

Hi guys,

>>> I HAVE RESOLVED MY PROBLEM. STUPID ME. OKOK IM AND XBOX NOOBIE.

I want to copy files from my PC to my xbox. I have a modded xbox with xecuter2. WindowsXP and flashFXP. Router with DHCP config. All connected using straight through cables.

To configure flashFXP to connect? I think i basically want to know is how to identify the ip that my xbox has been given? How to identify all system info of my xbox would be great?

Is there an easier way to connect to my xbox from windows (without flash)?

Thanks guys.
    Much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  10. MartyT

MartyT Member

You guys got sick of me already huh? Oh well

11. bugoy

bugoy Member

Guys, need your help on this please!!!

Trying to connect the modded Xbox to my PC, via router using DHCP. I'm able to connect however. I was even able to transfer a sample file (eg. items.txt from the xbox's C drive) to test the FTP transfer function. All good there.

When I load a game and try to go to the D drive for the files, I lose connection. Tried this for two games, same result. What am I doing wrong here? This is quite frustrating.

There's a connection prior to a game being loaded.

Please help!!!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  12. misterti

misterti Guest

hey im havin the same problem kinda i try to connect w/ flash and i get an error 10107 then it fails to connect please help im using dhcp or wateva not static can you tell me wats rong

13. wakker

wakker Member

you know....you dont even need flashfxp. u can use internet explorer to connect. its very simple. jus enter in the ip address of your xbox into the address bar. i dont remember the other settings i have so sorry about that.

14. Midnghtfx

Midnghtfx Member

Couldn't stand going through all these forums...so sorry if this question has been asked a million times.

I have an XBOX live account that I would very much like to keep. All I want to do is transfer my music files and possibly get a few different backgrounds from my PC to my xbox. I know there are ways to get these things without MODing your system. I am currently connected to live via a crossover cable. Have tried running several different things posted in these forums but nothing seems to be working...the closest thing I have got to work is the ftp://xbox:xbox@xxx.xxx.x.x thing. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

and if you can either PM or email me... - Eulogy4anangel@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

15. DuceBoy

DuceBoy Member

yea i have modded my xbox before but I havent done it in a long time and forgot how to connect to my xbox with FlashFXP... my computer is connected to a wirless router... so my computer is wirless but its conected with an cable also... and my xbox is connected with a cable to.. yea my computers internet works and my xbox can sign on xbox live so they both work... but i just forgot wut to do with flash FXP... so if one of you smart cookies could help me i would be UBER greatfull... thanks... more info...

i use unleashX and it says and it says my on my xbox's that i have IP:10.0.1.9 DHCP... and i tried typing that in
    but it just dosent connect...with the xbox as username and xbox as password but it just says
    [R] Connecting to 10.0.1.9 -> IP=10.0.1.9 PORT=21
    [R] Connection failed (Connection refused)
    [R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  16. DuceBoy

DuceBoy Member

actually i looked a little bit more on my xbox and my xboxs info is

Network Settings
    Current IP 10.0.1.9
    MAC Address 00-50-f2-55-48-29
    Enable Yes
    Type DHCP
    IP Address 24.17.127.253
    Subnet mask 255.255.248.0