1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help converting .AVI to ipod.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by easyez, Mar 9, 2007.

1. easyez

easyez Member

Ok so here is my problem. I have a bunch of tv shows in .AVI format that I want to get on my Ipod. I have downloaded a converter and gone through the steps to transferring a few onto my ipod. However only specific ones are working. It appears that the ones that are not working for me all have the same bitrate when i click on the properties for the AVI file prior to converting. It always fails if the bitrate is at 79. The bit rate, prior to conversion, on the ones that have worked so far have usually been 64 or somewhere around 123 range. When I convert those files, to an mp4 the viedo and audio both go through and the size of the mp4 is generally around 50 MB. On the videos I convert with the 79 bitrate, the sound comes through but there is no video, and the file size usually drops down to about 13 MB or so.

Long story short, can anyone help me with this? Is this a problem with the files themself, or is it the converter i am using?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EZ

2. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

4. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member

easyez, what's kind of your avi files (xvid or divx), and can they be perfectly played on your PC?
    Perhaps, you can choose winavi ipod converter to have a try. It is much easier, I'm afraid.

5. 3327

3327 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007