1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Converting AVI to MPEG

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sydness, May 21, 2003.

1. sydness

sydness Member

I hope this is the correct forum.

I've downloaded some AVI files and am trying to convet them to MPEG to create a VCD. I've tried a few different programs (FX MPEG writer, winMPG Video Convert, TMPGEnc), but I always get an error such as: unsupported file type or stream error.

I've been told that the problem might be that I've downloaded AVI files that have a single combined audio/video stream since those can't be converted to MPEG.

My question...is there any way to convert such files to MPEG? I'm just trying to watch missed Buffy episodes downloaded off of Kazaa. Is there a way to do it without watching them on my PC?

Thanks in advance for helping out this newbie!!

2. Steven901

Steven901 Member

i had the same problem,i tryed those programs but found it difficult to understand,so i downloaded this program off kazaa called "NTI cdmaker 6",it's very simple all you have to do is go to the top of the toolbar and click on the one that says convert avi to mpg and it works very well!