1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Converting DVD Movies into divx

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by andsteele, May 30, 2007.

1. andsteele

andsteele Member

I want to be able to rip some of my dvd's into divx movies. I have downloaded aXXo rips which are around 700mb and great quality. Anyway to turn my dvd's into similar video files?

Thanks

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

aXXo do Xvid avi's not DivX files.

3. andsteele

andsteele Member

Okay, how can I make xvid movies then?

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

The only program that I use is Fairuse 2.5. They got a free version that will allow you to encode a dvd only to 700mb. But to get excellent quality you need the full(paid) version, because you need at least 1000mb for the best quality(2-pass mode). I recommend this program because I've encoded over a 100 video's and have yet to have an audio sync problem (very common problem on other programs).If your new to Divx/Xvid encoding, any program you try will take 2 to 4 hours to encode a movie, there's really no program thats faster than the other(you need to pick a program by which one gives you the best quality. I tried many programs but finally settle on this one because it produces very excellent results. As far as Xvid and Divx, my Xvid files play on every software player I've tried them on including my standalone DVD/Divx player connected to my TV. The Divx files are less forgiving and will not play on all software players. The only downside to this program is that the source files have to be ISO format( but that is easy to do with dvdshrink, just backup to ISO). You won't regret using this program.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

What's wrong with v2.6? Also my version is free and has no 700MB limits.

6. jony218

jony218 Guest

I haven't found a reason to upgrade to the latest version. I'm still using 2.5 but I'm sure 2.6 is just as good, I just haven't tested that version . But my recommendation (at least to try it out) is still for fairuse whichever 2.5 or above version they have.

7. ugc

ugc Regular member

I really like avi.net to encode divx or xvid (100% Free). I have been using it for quite some time now with no problems and great results.

How come more people are not using this program?

8. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

Where do you get the program from? And is it easy to use?

EDIT

Do have to install AVISynth v2.5.7 and Vobsub v2.2.3?

-Simon

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  9. ugc

ugc Regular member