1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help creating SVCD out of mpg files (Audio problem)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Colorin, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Colorin

Colorin Member

I recently tested out converting some mpg files into SVCD format to play on my DVD player, but I get bad static and the sound only comes out of my front right speaker (5.1 system). Any ideas how to first get the sound to come out at LEAST in stereo (preferably something better) and to remove the static? It comes out of both my PC speakers, although the static is still there. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jonathan

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

What program are you using to burn the SVCDs?

3. Colorin

Colorin Member

Nero Express.

4. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Nero. I've never had this problem so the software probably isn't the problem but it wouldn't hurt to try. Tell me how it works out.

5. Colorin

Colorin Member

Ok, did that and still having the problem. Is there a piece of software that I can convert the audio into a different format, or at least normalize it so it comes out of specific speakers? I suspect it's more a problem with the file than the burning software, since I did have to make some audio tweaks to get it to come out of both speakers. These are obviously tweaks that I can't/don't want to do when I play it on DVD. Thanks.

6. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Is the audio seperate from the video in the VCD or is it part of the video? Otherwise, if it is part of the video, you could extract it and then convert it and burn it. If you need help finding software for this, feel free to post.

7. Colorin

Colorin Member

It's all part of the video as far as I can tell. It's an old TV Show (in mpeg format) and the rip isn't the best quality. GSpot says that the Video Codec is MPEG1_Payload and the Audio Codec is MPEG-1 Layer 2. So I guess I'll need to extract the audio and convert it like you said. Given that being the case, I'll definitely need some help finding software to do this. Thanks again for the help, most appreciated.

P.S. Is it worth converting the video as well, can I possibly improve on the quality?

8. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

First, I would use All Video Sound Extractor 1.3 to extract the sound. You can download it here:

All Video Sound Extractor 1.3
    http://www.download.com/3000-2140-10255353.html

Then, you need to convert the sound quality. I would use dBpowerAMP music converter. You can download it here:

dBpowerAMP Music Converter
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Now, you need to put the sound back on with a video editor. I would use Windows Movie Maker 2.0. You can download it here:

Windows Movie Maker 2.0
    http://www.download.com/Windows-Movie-Maker/3000-2194-10187903.html?tag=lst-0-1

I don't think it will work to do this but you can always try.

Hope this helps!