1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - DVD BURNER NOT BURNING PROPERLY!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aszbaz, Feb 5, 2007.

1. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

Hi, thanks in advance for any help. I have a NEC Dual Layer DVD+/- RW.
    It been working fine for about 2 years, and i have burned less than 1000
    disks. i was burning some albums which i downloaded off the internet (WHICH I OWN THE ORIGINALS OF!) and i was burning on crappy disks. i have never had any probs with crappy disks b4. they code out as CMAG CD-R's. everytime i burn an album, no matter which 1, no matter which speed, it always has skips/jumps/pauses in it. i have also tried using TDK CD-R's too, but it does not help. please help me!!!!! :( P.S im not sure about DVD's.

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

could be crap in the source material have you tested the drive rippig and burning a cd you own? I would do that first

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

aszbaz ,
    Besides what Elliot said about the media it could also be the CD laser is off or is on the fritz. You might also need a firmware update as the burner might not properly recog. the blank media that you used.

4. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

hi, im back! i use nero to burn cd's, but i switched to sonic, and burned at 4X (the speed sonic doesnt have) and its fine. im gonna try different speeds in a while. wish me luck!. ill post back soon with the results.