1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: DVD creating softwares is using alot of my CPU

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jojonavy, Jun 13, 2007.

1. jojonavy

jojonavy Member

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if its normal. My current pc has 3.2Ghz intel cpu and 1 ghz of RAM. When I run DVD creator programs like NERO or WINDVD, they use 90-100% of my CPU resulting in very slow transcoding and alot of failures. Do you think I have a problem with my CPU? I ran a few diagnostic programs to check speed and stability of my CPU and they all passed. I have a laptop that runs the programs fine and only uses about 50-70% of the CPU. The laptop has a dual-core processor at 1.6GHZ and 1Gig of RAM.

I've already ordered a new 3.4GHZ processor w/ HT technology and 2 more Gigs of RAM. Just waiting for them to come in.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. jojonavy

jojonavy Member

Damn impulse buying. Nevermind, I kinda got it fixed. Should've taken my own advise and reset the bios before buying a bunch of new hardware. I think my laptop functions better and uses less CPU because of the dual core technology. Well if anyone wants to buy a used, 478 Socket cpu, hit me up.

3. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

yep them programs are really taxing on the processor my old computer was really bad when using nero i could do anything else while that was running. i just built this new computer thats in my sig and it only runs at about 40% or less cpu when im using nero i love the dual core it really helps the multitasking. i cant believe that they didnt think of making dual core way back. hyper-threading is just a fake version of a dual core :\