1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! DVD Player not reading DVD burned MPEG movie!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Q-Factor, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Q-Factor

Q-Factor Member

I've got a Sony dvd burner and DVD-R disks. I've been using vacation pics and 1 (one) song and have made a 5 minute movie and saved it as an MPEG-2 format. I used the software that came with a Sony Digital Camera. I burned it to the dvd disk as an MPEG and after it burns in 4X (I was told to burn a dvd slower rather than faster) the XBOX and Sony dvd player does not play the disk. However, on the computer it plays in Windows Media Player and Realtime. I think that's because the file is an MPEG. So how come? The XBOX and Sony dvd player's don't read MPEGS? Makes sense. So, I re-did the movie as a Video-CD and burned a new dvd disk and that didn't work in either XBOX or the Sony dvd playe either. What files do XBOX or any DVD player read to view the typical dvd movie? I tried to create the movie with MPEG-1 but the video lost a lot of resolution. ???

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

3. Q-Factor

Q-Factor Member

Thank you very much for the help. The divx to dvd program helped and did the trick. The Sony dvd player played the dvd with the divx to dvd program. Thanks again for the help!