1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!!!!, DVD player questions

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kek5772, Dec 15, 2004.

1. kek5772

kek5772 Guest

First let me explain, that I know absoutly nothing about dvd players or how they work. My questions will diffently make this statement very clear.

I purchased a progressive scan sony dvd player, the problem that I am having is that it will not play all dvd's. Once you place a disc in the palyer it will either work or flicker between the picture and a blue screen. Now I do have the dvd player connected from the vcr to the tv. If I unplug it and try to run the dvd player directly through the tv nothing happens. Same way when I tried connecting it through the satillite receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also the dvd player is less than 2 months old.
    Please feel free to email with any advice at
    kek5772@aol.com or vintonvillage@yahoo.com
    Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!!!

2. Bfizzle4

Bfizzle4 Member

do you have a tv/video mode or multiple video modes on your tv? If so you may have to just switch something along those lines so it will work. Also try unplugging your VCR and plugging the dvd into it. hope this helps

P.S. its of my understanding that you aren't supposed to privately message people on the forums. Reason being, everyone can benefit from your question and the answers to it. This is just a heads up and don't expect to recieve emails on your query.

3. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

Feeding a DVD player to a TV THROUGH a VCR will typically cause video issues because of Macrovision and this is normal. Always hook a DVD player either directly to the video output device or at least bypass any VCRs.