1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Error messages after using TPMGEnc and Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by levs09, Jan 4, 2005.

1. levs09

levs09 Member

Hello,

I have a movie file I've been wanting to burn to VCD to play in my home dvd player. I followed the guide to take the avi/divx and make it an mpg using TPMGEnc. Then I split the file and then tried to burn it using Nero. Unfortunately I got this message:
    The following were found:
    -Stream encoding which is unvalid for a VCD
    -Invalid video stream: 23.976 frames/second, 592x320 pixels
    -Invalid audio stream: 48000 Hz, 2 channels

Can someone help? Thank you!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The movie you're trying to put into a VCD is not VCD-compliant. It has sound 48 kHz instead of 44.1 kHz and has a resolution which is NOT 352x240/288 PAL.
    Yoo must re-encode the movie (if the audio is AC3 and therefore TMPGenc cannot load it, use the tricks explained http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 [extract the audio, you can even put Audio__Direct Stream Copy on Virtualdub if you don't receive sync warnings by Virtualdub; convert WAV --> MP2 with BeSweet, load the MP2 as TMPGenc's 'audio input']
    To make the VCD from the corrected mpeg, use the method explained in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106 .
    To split the file (if > 80') you must simply load the TMPGenc's output file with TMPGenc ---> MPEG Tools ---> Merge & Cut, double clicking the file you load to telll it where to split it. Save CD1 and CD2 using, as Type, MPEG-1 Video CD.
    Check the split point of the movie has no voice in between it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005