1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help finding a pc game

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by mattc13, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattc13

mattc13 Member

ok i have been searching for a hacking game i played in 2002 it is not bs hacker nor is it hacker elite.im going to try and explain what it look like. it was like the hacker the game v1.2 but its not that one ether. it had green writing on a black back ground. it was a text base game. mite have been for dos not shur. it was made to look like a real program.
    you had to connect to a sever witch listed companies like microsoft and aol and others and crack the username. u had to type in prgmname and the it would try to find one for u. witch looked like >attempt 1 out of 50.then it would get crack it for u. and then crack the password and u would have to type in prgmpass and it would do the same thing. then u had to search thought the files and add ur name to the pay roll and steal some money that u had to send to bank accounts and u could use more them one so u don't get caught. ok after that it be saved and u get a message on your pager that you were not detected and you got the money to ur bank.
    i have a print out of a help walkthrough of the hacking process. it said the game is called hacker but i can find it anywhere. thanks

2. mattc13

mattc13 Member

anyone now

3. bandit008

bandit008 Regular member

4. Saicho

Saicho Member

5. mattc13

mattc13 Member

no it was not one of those but thanks

6. velocity37

velocity37 Newbie

So... this will be one mighty necropost, but I recently remembered playing this game and stumbled upon this thread via Google in my attempts to find it. The only thing I could remember about it was the "prgmname" and "prgmpass" commands. Most of the results were dead ends, but hinted that the title is "Hacker" with no links or any information about the game. Of course, searching for "Hacker PC game" gives many, many results for much more well known games.

I ended up finding it. Should anyone in the future be in search of this game and stumble upon this thread as did I, it is indeed called "Hacker" and it is made by "James Tyrrell" under the company name "Unreal Visions".

At the present time, there is a download link (it's a freeware title - "Hacker is Freeware. It can be uploaded and distributed ANYWHERE") and a wealth of information about the game here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=412.0

The author's defunct website (accessible via archive.org) is: http://uv.gamehappy.com

If the link should become inaccessible in years to come, the filename to search for is "hacker1_1.zip". The game used to be hosted at places like CNET, which no longer seems to host it nor any of the freeware/shareware titles it hosted around the late 90s, but the game seems to be available from a number of obscure FTPs and other places just by its filename.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

velocity37, next time look at the date of the last post as the last posted date was mar 2008 which is almost 7yrs ago. anything over 1yr old then don't post. thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.