1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP first time burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Modman, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Modman

Modman Guest

ok I ahve downloaded the decrypter and Ifo.edit. For some reason I have copy the steps I ahve seen on the boards and nothing is working.. My problem starts when I open Ifo.edit, it opens up and get the the dvd file that I want to edit, that some up and from there I can not open anything else up. But there is one thing that looks wrong and that is the name of the file. Mine is some other file and the print out that I have it says \video_TS I only see 2 files according to what everybody else says there should be more files than that. Please help out, this will be my first burn You guys proably need some more info, and I will provide whatever is needed to help me out.
    Thank You

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Modman,

Sounds like you are doing OK so far.

When you open Ifoedit, you often only see 2 files video_ts & vts_01_0

What are you trying to do with your DVD ?

More details. Remember one thing, you can't give to much detail.

HomerJ

3. Modman

Modman Guest

Homer,

Thanks for helping me out. What I would like to do is burn main movie only. I read in another Thread saying that 95%of DVD are dvd-9 after the burn, is this true. I Bascially just burn the main movie only. I accidently delated the movie form the drive but it's going again right now so I will give you those 2 files name when there done in about 20min.

William

4. Modman

Modman Guest

Back Homer,

ok this is wher I am at right now. I have rip the dvd (No probloem), Now I gopen InfoEdit (No problem), and then I load up my files 2 of them, and this is what I have one is in ISO and the other is a MDS . I believe there sopposed to be video_ts and vts_01_00 it;s most certain that I am doing something wrong here along the process.
    Thank YOu again
    Modman

5. Modman

Modman Guest

OK I think I have, I looked back at my settings for the Ripper and changed it. As of right now I am now stripping the movie after that if all goes well when I go to burn I hope to comes out.

Modman

6. Modman

Modman Guest

Ok ran into a problem. While stripping teh main movie only a screen cam saying
    "VIDEO_TS.IFO" can not be found. I am pretty sure I ahve done everything right, maybe I need this other program rempeg everybody is talking about.

Thank YOu andy info will be helpful
    Modman

7. Modman

Modman Guest

OK if anybody there would me on this burn. I am using the steps provided by derrow. I go through all the steps and when I go to burn through the DVD Decrypter it does not regonize the files and won't burn. Do I ahve to go another software like Nero. I do have Nero and BD Gold recorded, will these work. Please help andy info whatsoever will be of great help

8. HomerJ

Modman,

Please supply a Complete list of files you have ripped, and are trying to burn.

It should look VERY SIMILAR to this :-
    VIDEO_TS.BUP 12,288
    VIDEO_TS.IFO 12,288
    VIDEO_TS.VOB 178,176
    VTS_01_0.BUP 92,160
    VTS_01_0.IFO 92,160
    VTS_01_0.VOB 12,288
    VTS_01_1.VOB 1,073,565,696
    VTS_01_2.VOB 1,073,565,696
    VTS_01_3.VOB 1,073,565,696
    VTS_01_4.VOB 453,922,816

The only difference would be if you had files greater than VTS_01_5.VOB.

Please note, the total sum of the files is less than 4.7Gb.

HomerJ

9. Modman

Modman Guest

Thanks Homer,
    My files go up to VTS_01_6.VOB I then use InfoEdit to stirp down to the main movie and it won't go. Can I stip it wond any furter.

Thanks

10. HomerJ

Modman,

I use Smartripper to rip my movies (I think it rips the main VOBs better than Ifoedit, but that's my personal choice).

If you have VOBs upto vts_06, then this says your'e movie is to big to just burn direct to a single DVD-R, you will either need to split it, or re encode.

What movie are you trying to rip ?

HomerJ

11. Modman

Modman Guest

Thank You for suggestion I'll try Smartripper later on tonight. the movie is Black Hawk Down. So what your saying is for any movie that has over VTS_6 then it cannot be burned on a DVD-R and has to be split onto 2 DVD_R.

12. HomerJ

Modman,

I hadn't looked at it in that way before, but I guess, yes is the answer.

Each VOB is about 1GB in size, and we can only burn just over 4GB, so, allowing for the size of the other files (ifo's) 3 and a bit is the best you need to get down to. Your finl movie should look something like this :-

VIDEO_TS.IFO 12,288
    VIDEO_TS.BUP 12,288
    VIDEO_TS.VOB 178,176
    VTS_01_0.BUP 92,160
    VTS_01_0.IFO 92,160
    VTS_01_0.VOB 12,288
    VTS_01_1.VOB 1,073,565,696
    VTS_01_2.VOB 1,073,565,696
    VTS_01_3.VOB 1,073,565,696
    VTS_01_4.VOB 453,922,816

Funny you should say Backhawk Down, I'll be doing that this weekend. I've read you can have problems with it. I shall be doing some searches.

HomerJ

13. Modman

Modman Guest

Well I gave up trying on 1 dvd-r and right now I am in process of just doing it on 2 dvd-r, if you get the movie on 1 can you please let me know how with the same quality.

Thanks
    Modman

14. Modman

Modman Guest

OK 1 Quick question Homer, I have done verything for the split dvd-r and I am ready to burn only 1 problem when I go to burn via dvd Decrypter then click open to get the file, then I click to show all files and everything is there but after that when I click on each one it comes up with a ""reached end of file"" and it won't burn, should I try a different program like nero or BGolds

15. HomerJ

Modman,

I only use Nero (5.5.9.0), so can only advise on that. I have burn't 20+ DVD-R discs with no problems. I use Datasafe Generation 3 discs. I would use no other.

If you choose Nero, follow the wizard, but when presented with "Copy a DVD" or "Compile a New DVD", choose "Compile">"Other DVD Formats">"DVD Video" Then just click and drag you files into the VIDEO_TS directory.

I'm sure I've drilled it into you enough times by now, your title set must look like the ones I've been showing you.

If not, Nero will reject the burn, because it does some basic checking (not a bad thing in a way).

One final point, even if your files do look like mine, did you use Ifoedit to "Get VTS sectors". Your newly burnt DVD won't play on your settop box otherwise.

HomerJ

16. Modman

Modman Guest

OK I have the same version as you but I did a dvd-9 so I 2 disc to burn this is what the first one loooks like

VIDEO_TS.BUP 18,432
    VIDEO_TS.IFO 18,432
    VIDEO_TS.VOB 39,358,464
    VTS_01_0.BUP 67.584
    VTS_01_0.IFO 67,584
    VTS_01_0.VOB 12,288
    VTS_01_1.VOB 1,073,516,544
    VTS_01_2.VOB 1,073,455,104
    VTS_01_3.VOB 592,035,840

and for seond disc I have the same files just some are bigger that's all. Now when I go to burn it, following all the forms I come up with unable to burn at 1x
    Could it be the disc that I am using hehe I am using this General DVD-R disc cheap disc. I don't my computer has nothing to do with.

Do you thing it is my disc should i swicth to a higher quality.

17. paulscat

paulscat Member

Homer, what if after i do a burn, there are no .bup files in my video_ts folder. I tried to burn "high crimes." when I use decrypter it stores but when i use nero for the transfer i get required file "video_ts.ifo" is not present as well as required file 'video_ts.bup' is not present. also i get
    'vts_04_0.bup' is not present. Any input?

18. HomerJ

Modman,

You're file structure looks OK.

I suggest it's your DVD-R media (disc) that is at fault.

Having said that, could you please supply more details of your burning software, and EXACT error message.

HomerJ

19. HomerJ

paulscat

You are off topic here. A quick reply is, Nero checks for these files, as a safety check, before wasting time burning a DVD disc.

These files must be present. If you continue to have problems, please post a new thread, and I will and answer your question there.

HomerJ

20. Klownz

Klownz Guest

HomerJ,
    I am new at burning DVD to DVD. I have just bought a Sony's New DVD+R/RW/DVD-R/RW CDR/RW Combo DVD Burner. I have ripped my movies with Smart Ripper and encoded the movie into MPEG format. I have tried to burn with nero and it says its to big of file and wont work. I need to know how to know how to burn it on to DVD's and with what software. Do I need to do it in some other way to burn it on DVD formats properly. Please write me back as soon as you can at JerrenSPAMKILLER0110@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2002