1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP first time burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Modman, Sep 14, 2002.

1. paulscat

paulscat Member

Homer,
    Thanks for the advise.

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Klownz,

It sounds as if you have ripped a DVD-9 type disc.

That in itself is not a problem, other than you usually end up with a set of files to large to burn to a DVD-R type disc (the ones we burn to).

If this is the case, you will need another piece of software to reduce the overall size of the files, so that they will fit.

I suggest you use ReMPEG2. Do a search on the net. It's freeware, so you should have no problems there. You will also need software called Ifoedit. This is also freely available.

Good luck.

HomerJ

3. Klownz

Klownz Guest

HomerJ,
    So I need to encode it on with ReMPEG2? What is the Ifoedit for, is it a burning software? I think I get it, do I encode it again with ReMPEG, and then burn it with the Ifoedit, if it is a burning software?

4. Lupercus

Lupercus Guest

Hey i've been trying to rip my dvds but have yet been successful. I've been using dvd decrypter. In the IFO mode i try ripping the dvd but it will never seem to complete the transfer. It will sometimes complete when only one track is selected, but most of the time it will stop transferring. My elapsed time will still run but my estamated completion time will read unavailable. Please help me in acheiving this great task.

5. HomerJ

You will NEED Ifoedit.

Go here :- http://www.doom9.org/

Then checkout the guide section.

It will tell you all about Ifoedit, and other programmes.

Backing up a DVD is NOT an easy process, because you often have to do things in a slightly different way, depending on the specific movie / disc.

HomerJ

6. harvey713

harvey713 Member

I do it this way:
    SmartRipper to demux the main video and audio tracks to extra file. If the resulting .m2v is over 4 gigs I use ReMPEG2 to shrink it to the right size. I then rename the resulting .m2v and .ac3 files to the same name. For example: alien.m2v and alien.ac3. I then import these into SpruceUp and create a title set. As an extra precaution I use IfoEdit to "Get VTS Sectors" and make sure you SAVE the results. Next comes Nero 5.5.9.14. You can burn 2 ways. Create a video DVD or just burn it as data and put your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files in the lineup. The second method is used if Nero gives you an error when using the first method.

7. HomerJ

harvey713,

I use a VERY similar process to you. Except I now use CCE instead of ReMPEG. It makes the process a lot shorter.

HomerJ

8. sneaktip

sneaktip Guest

i finally burnt my first 2 movies. Bait and Black Hawk Down. Bait came out fine except it is in widescreen format, i'd like to rip it to full screen. Black Hawk Down came out fine also except the end of the movie got chopped off. Is there a way i can get the entire movie to fit on 1 4.7g disc?

9. HomerJ

sneaktip,

Try using a small programme called Rempeg. Quite easy to use. Also try the DVD Calculator, this will tell you what scale factor to use. That way you only re compress the movie so that it JUST fits onto a DVD-R.

HomerJ