1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help fitting a VCD onto one CD-R

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by NascarR, Dec 20, 2002.

1. NascarR

NascarR Guest

I used the wizard in TMPGEnc and reduced the Average video bitrate and the Audio bitrate so that the Estimated file size would be 694MB. But, after I encoded the AVI, the resulting MPEG was 986MB. Did I miss something?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

ye you did. Click settings and click the system tab. Change "MPEG-1 VideoCD" to MPEG-1 VideoCD (non standard)

If TMPGEnc wont let you click the settings button, click load and browse to the folder you have TMPGEnc in. Open the extra folder and double click unlock.mcf.

NOTE: The quality you will get from this conversion will be very bad. If you must fit it all on one cd then I recommend you read http://www.kvcd.net

KVCD will take a long time to encode but the quality will be better than what you are already doing. However, it will be non standard aswell so there is no guarantee that it will work in your dvd player.