1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help fixing m$ dashboard with ERROR 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by alinares, Aug 16, 2005.

1. cellshade

cellshade Member

Hey,
    well i really need help guys,
    I have the XBOX V 1.0 , softmodded with auto installer and i have same 21 problem, i have had softmodded for 3 months with auto installers, i have error 21 after changing to wide screen in ms dash, i can load to evox perfectly, i can loads game from turning off to on, but can't go to ms dashboard, and sometime i have problems running the game from the evox dash and i can't run hd games but i can run emulators, and run all apps, but i still want to be able to go to ms dash , but i also don't want to lose my softmodded and evox stuff, ic an ftp to evox perfectly, so if you suggest a method which includes a way so i don't loose my softmod, and can fix m$dash , i would perfectly appreciate it, thanks in advance.

2. vair_17

vair_17 Member

hay guys i`m having a problem with my xbox i get error code 16 when i boot up stupid me moved bolth xbox and evox dash boards and cant ftp or play games.

any info would help

tks vair_17

3. alex22393

alex22393 Member

Where can I download the Xbox MS Dashboard? Also, I can ftp my xbox and I need to know where to put the dashboard (Drive C, D, E)

My ms dashboard got screwed up and deleted during softmodding

4. 21ERROR21

21ERROR21 Member

Where do i need to go or how do i get the MS dashboard back

Thnx in Advanced!!

5. huskies7

huskies7 Member

ok well....i have a serious problem. ive tried burning slayers, and ive burned like 10 copies by now. my xbox still plays retail games, but when i put in like....a dvd or slayers it wont boot it. i cant ftp my xbox, so i cant put the file on it, and restore the dashboard. can anyone help?

6. terremoto

terremoto Member

Well, don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me and I thought I would contribute my 2 cents.

I had the same error 21 problem with m$dash after trying to change some of the settings to accomodate my new HDTV. The screen changed to widescreen format, then I heard this awful sound and the xbox crashed. After that, I had the same problem that "cellshade" described above -- I could boot up to EvoX; emulators worked; apps worked, but I could no longer get into msdash without that error 21 popping up; games off HD wouldn't load; and when I tried to get into xbox media center, the screen would freeze at "loading...". Updated all m$dash stuff, including xboxdash.xbe, but no success. Deleted cache -- no luck. Deleted all T and UDATA folder (after backing up) -- still no luck. Finally just replaced my EvoX.ini file in the root C: with one that my buddy had using ftp from my computer to xbox-- and now everything is back to normal. Hope it works for you.

PS. I have an xecuter2 chip in mine.

7. cellshade

cellshade Member

I don't post here many often, but what fixxed my xbox was to turn off tsr, save and exit, go back and launch MS DASH, and MS WOULD run fine!, i just changed to normal then went back to evox and everything was fine(btw after u do this u can turn tsr back to normal without any probs)
    It's a really weird prob. Hope this helps guys.
    BTW error 21 is file's missin, this happen mostly in softmod xboxs, try having a modchip xbox, and if errore 21 appears on modchip it's should be easier to fix then in softmod.

8. whizzyld

whizzyld Guest

I just had a quick question, i softmodded my xbox
    and everything is working ok, but i have not flashed my TSOP yet because i want to make sure everything is working right first. when i go into evox ant try to load the original ms dash i get the error 21, is this because i havent flashed my bios yet, or is there something else i need to do to load the ms dash from evox, just want to get it up so i can copy savegames off the memcard to the hd, or is there an xbe explorer of some sort w/ memcard support, any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks.