1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Fixing Open Cloud Security Virus.

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by wheelstb, Sep 27, 2011.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I walked into the room yesterday and saw that there was a window on the screen called Open Cloud security. It is fake security software.

I updated and ran spybot in safe mode. If found a few other entries but, it did not fix the problem. I usually keep a pretty clean system so, I was surprised when it found several entries.

When that attempt did not work, I tried to download malware bytes. But my browser would not load.

Now every time I try to boot up my system, automatically Windows repair starts. Unfortunately, Windows repair is unable to fix anything.

I have even tried to do a system restore. After the restoration Windows still goes directly to repair mode.

Any advice on how I should start to get rid of this virus?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what windows are you using as sounds like vista or win7?

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  4. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Thanks for the replies. I saw the guided listed above but by the time I got a chance to try them I could not even boot to windowws. it kept trying to do a system repair,

so I tried an Antivir boot disc, that removed 3 viruses. then I tried a Kasparsky boot disc and that removed 8 items. now it seems like everything is back to normal.

I have been using Antivir free antivirus. Can anyone reccomnd a better free option?

5. aldan

aldan Active member

i use avira but you will get all kinds of opinions on this subject.best to run hijack this and post a log just to see where you stand.