1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP FLASHING CHAMELEON CHIP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dirtyvr6, Dec 12, 2003.

1. dirtyvr6

dirtyvr6 Member

i had installed my chameleon chip and then I burned the linuxbios.bin file and a dummy file (200 meg)in a separet folder on to a cd-rw using nero, ISO propper settings. So i put it in my ebox when it asks for the cd. It says flashing , so it flashes it and shuts off. I then turn on my xbox and see a new screen with a penguin on top of the screen and it says linux bios 1.8 , then the cd tray opens and it asks for the cd , so i put in the same cd i used before successfuly , and it says cannot find linuxboot.cfg Halting . Can someone tell me what the problem here is i mean i used the same cd as i used befor that worked for the other screen and now its not working

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Change the DIP switches so that you can boot the Xbox into the original Chameleon Linux screen.
    Make a new bios cd using an Evox or Xecuter bios renamed to LINUXBIO.BIN and flash it with that.
    You just updated your Linux bios with a newer version of the Linux bios. Only good for running the Linux OS on your Xbox.

RustyDog

3. gzinga

gzinga Member

hi, I am having the same problem, I have the chameleon with the comwell 2.2, no mater what I put in it always says that is looking for linuxboot.cfg...which is the linux booter when you install linux. Also do I always have to change the bios name to linuxboot.bin no matter what bios I use?

4. gzinga

gzinga Member

...sorry linuxbio.bin

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

after you flashed it the first time and put evox dash on your xbox then you can flash from evox dash.