1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help flashing xecuter 2.6 ce lite

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by t-traxxx, Feb 23, 2005.

1. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

my friend ordered a pre-modded xbox v1.6 with the xecuter 2.6 lite ce installed. this is actually the 2nd chip that i'm attemping to flash...i sent the file over for a x3 chip and fried the last one by mistake, so you can imagine how nervous i am right now.

i now have this file to flash the xbox with:
    evolutionx m8 bios_v1.6
    unzipped it reads: m8_16.bin
    the file size is 256K

the program that comes up when i power the xbox on with the chip on is flashbios v3.01

is this the proper file that i want to send over?

i'm really nervous about frying this chip out too, so i would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me through this nightmare

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

3. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

i just got the M8plus_16.bin file which is also 256K

i was reading the tutorial and it looks like the file stays at the 256K size once i save it cause he didn't specify to change the size to 1MB before saving.

if i send this over the way it is, what will happen?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

use biosmanager and put Flashbios 3.0.1 on banks 1 and 2(that = 512k), and put m8plus on banks 3 and 4(that = 512k)...so you have 512k + 512k = 1mb...save the new bios you just created.

you must do it as the guide says, if you don't the chip will not work...you will also have to boot the chip from bank 2...for some reason on 1.6 xbox's flashing a 1mb bios is the only way to get it to work

follow the guide otherwise you will never get the bios to work properly.

5. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

i got it working. it's funny how simple things can get confusing sometimes =Þ

i appreciate your help bud!