1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help flashing xenium ice bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by xJus10x, Sep 6, 2004.

1. xJus10x

xJus10x Member

how do i flash my ice chip?

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Load up the New OS, then go to launch and go to the "Add New Item" button, click it, a screen will load with three options. TSOP, Flash, Hard Drive.
    What you need to do now is load the retail bios. So go to TSOP and it will load the Retail Bios, and move down the letters and click on done. Choose a colour and now your TSOP is set. To load the another bios, you have to use a cd-rw. Once you have it on cd. Pop it in, restart the box, go through stops as loading the Retail bios, untill you get to the Three Options. Once there, go to flash, it will show you a bunch of letters( these are your partions on the drive). Look for D. Click it, and it will search for your bios on the cd. Click on your bios if it cant find it. Choose a name, colour etc... and restart the box and boot it up......and your done.

p.s: if it doesnt show the D drive, restart the box, and it still doesnt show the D drive, then you burnt the disc wrong or its on imcomptable media.

3. xJus10x

xJus10x Member

ok thanks will the x2_4983.06 BIOS work?

4. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

It should. Message back , if you have any problems.

5. xJus10x

xJus10x Member

6. xJus10x

xJus10x Member

if i have slayers evox do i even have to flash the bios?

7. BenD188

BenD188 Member

Xenium Ice is like the easiest chip to flash. All you have to do i copy the file to your xbox C drive, then you go to add new item, flash, and choose the file. Its EZ.

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Having slayers auto installer doesnt mean you can use your chip to play backups etc or use it for the reasons most use modchips for.
    You HAVE to have a "hacked" bios on your chip (m7,m8,4981,4983 etc)
    its real easy to do on the xenium from the OS as previously mentioned.
    But dont think that having slayers installed on a hdd "automatically" makes your mod function like you want it to.
    Also if youre using a large hdd over 137gb, make sure you use a bios that is patched to allow it (if you need to patch a bios, use xbtools, (for 4981 bios) the 4983_06 you will be fine with anyhow.
    If you have a version 1.6 xbox, you can use evtools to patch the m8_16 bios, for larger 137+gb drives.
    I know that wasnt the q, but thought Id add it:)
    While the xenium IS easy to reflah, so is the xecuter, put bios in evox, flash from evox, real easy.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004