1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help get past aol parental controls...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Feb 18, 2007.

1. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Ok I just broke my arm... Not doing so good can't play any sports im out for the rest of the year until next year past the summer. I have to stay home all the time now, with nothing to do. I play this game Runescape, located on http://www.runescape.com. I can't access this site due to parental controls. I am not asking to get past the parental controls for any reason but to simply play this game, I promise this I will not be accessing any adult sites or anything stupid I just need something to do while I pass the time and when I am done with my homework. I haven't been feeling well lately, even a little depressed, and I really need this escape from the world for the time being until I can have my old escape, lifting weights. Please help, it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Did your parents set the parental controls? If so, try pleading your case to them. I don't use AOL and I don't have parental controls to worry about (I'm toooo old). But, I suspect there is an "exception list" feature within the control mechanism. Talk to them.

I would not be the one to contradict any controls set by your parents!

3. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Trust me I tried this but they aren't having it... I have another way to play the game, but I don't do it because I have to do it by logging on as a guest account. The problem with that is I can't just close the window of the game (it's a web browser based game)because then my mom will see i'm not on my own screen name then realize she forgot to disable the guest feature. And if I log off, the next person to use AOL sees that the last person to log on went on a guest screen name and then she will disable it... So I am just screwed. I really need somebody to help me get past these AOL parental controls. And I am not doing this for a bad reason, or accessing anything that is bad or could affect me in a bad way, I just need my escape for the time being. I can't even read up on weightlifting because I am blocked from a lot of sites and my mom gets bothered with me asking her over and over again to accept certain websites. Please somebody help me, it is much needed.

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

At least you tried the straight forward approach. So, to quote my last sentence:

"I would not be the one to contradict any controls set by your parents!"

5. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

For gods sake im not going ot just give up I have a crappy 2 months ahead of me, can anybody just help me get past this software I know there are people on these forums that could solve my problem without much work... The IP address technique and the proxys are not working, I need somthing else.