1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!Getting a VCD MPEG ERROR on EZ CREATOR

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by metiger, May 19, 2002.

1. metiger

metiger Guest

Hi! I am new at this burning VCD's. I recorded clips from my sony video camera using a DAZZLE VIDEO CREATOR and saved the clips in .mpg format. Now when i go to record those clips to my Roxio VCD creator which is a part of the Roxio EZ Creator Platinum i get error message saying "The file will not work in a vcd player. to make this video cd compliant you will need to use an mpeg encoder that supports video cd encoding"
    All the setting say it is MPEG 1 that i saved my clips in...anyone please help, if you came accross this problem..thanks

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

when you post a problem like this only put it in one forum or one discussion topic. you may get banned for stuff like this. If you think that the problem fits into a bunch of topics ,put your post in the area of which you are trying to achieve like you are trying to make a vcd right then you would put you post in vcd help although you may have problems with your software maybe you divx codecs but your main target is to make a video cd . Just giving you info not bashing you just dont want new people to get the axe.....

3. metiger

metiger Guest

I tried nero,but i dont like the product it does not give good results for some reason, thats why i got myself Roxio Platinum..

4. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

well sorrrrry I think about 80 percent of the people in here use nero just to let you know...

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2002
  5. metiger

metiger Guest

Let me give another shot at nero, maybe its user error..anyway anymore information on the error i am getting..thanks for your help

6. feistyman

feistyman Member

The MPEG itself can't just be MPEG1, but must fit into the Video CD "white page" format. I use MGI Videowave for creating and sometimes for converting. For AVI to MPEG I use VirtualDub, but when doing video capture I use MGI and choose the Video CD setting.
    Basically it needs to be (for NTSC):
    Video: MPEG-1, 352 X 240, 29.97 Fps
    Audio: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo

Last edited: Jul 30, 2002