1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help GFX problems,PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Kaydash, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

Okay I have the following PC: Pentium 4 3.2ghz, Geforce FX5500, 512mb DDR ram and a 80 and 40 gb hdd, running on WinXp Proffesional Sp1. The problem is like when i play certain gamez namely Half Life 2, Prince of persia2 and NFSU2 the game will be playing fine then at a different time each time it will just start running slow and all the gfx will go messed up and you cant play the game at all. Please help someone!!!!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you using the latest motherboard, videocard & directx drivers??

3. gizmobob

gizmobob Member

Upgrade to SP2 for XP... make sure you are running the latest DirectX drivers and check your system for Spyware/Malware (Ad-Aware & Spybot). Check Control Panel->System->Device Manager to see if any problems are attributed to any hardware devices.

4. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

okay i used to get this problem on sp2 all the time. Then i install sp1 and everything was working fine,then like a month back i had to format and reinstall and had the gfx problem since i reinstalled. Installed everything as i normally do. Got adware on my pc,how do i get rid of it??? I' running on a gigabyte mobo. Oh got this other problem aswell,when i rightclick something or do some other stuff by moniter blanks out and comes back on,tryed other moniters aswell and also happened.

5. ddp

try ad-aware se & spybot s&d to get rid of the spyware

6. Kaydash

Kaydash Regular member

okay removed all the spyware and adware from pc but still got same problems,but gamez are running better. Any other suggestions??? A definite prob that always happens is when i play UT2004 Assault Junkyard,the problem starts the moment the map is loaded. Gets all slow and textures are missing etc.

7. ddp

check game sites for patches & faq in relation to your video card