1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! graphics card too low

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Manaxer, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Manaxer

Manaxer Member

ok so i bought Resident Evil 4 and the graphic card requirement was 128MB and my computer is "graphics 2 with up to 64MB". i didnt notice that until after i tried the game. is there anyway to adjust the graphics so they will look right when i play the game? every time i press a button to perform a task (ex.- turning right) the movement is delayed. also when the characters talk there mouths do not match the voice. help!

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

yep, there is no way to increase your graphics card performance... I dont think you will be able to overclock it (not that that would help, since you would need to physically add memory chips to it) because it is just a standard card. If you have an AGP system, you can get a card by nVidia or ATi for pretty cheap to play that game, and if you have PCI-e then you can get one for an even cheaper price.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I'm afraid your Graphics card simply isn't powerful enough to play the game. It's time to upgrade.

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Im guessing you have onboard graphics. This actually shares memory with your RAM. There is no way to increase memory on these, as the motherboard is only going to share so much. Anyway you should probably get a video card. Tell us what kind of motherboard you have(or just post your computer make and model) and we can tell you what kind of video card it supports.

5. Manaxer

Manaxer Member

alright thanks everyone, my computer is a HP Pavilion a367c 2.80GHz processor, 512 MB RAM memory, 160GB Ultra DMA hard drive, dvd/cd writer, DVD-rom drive, 'Intel Extreme' Graphics 2 with up to 64MB shared video memory. and windows XP home edition. thats all the facts on the front of the tower.
    i havent done anything (upgrades) to it except a new power supply because the last one broke.

i dont know much about the insides of a computer, so i probably sound a little ill, haha.

my resident evil game is a "dvd-rom" when my other games are "cd-rom"s. is dvd rom any different?

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Ok you have an AGP slot. What's your maximum budget on a new video card? Dvd-Rom simply means the game is on a Dvd, the advantages are that you can fit mor of a game on one disk compared to a cd.

7. Manaxer

Manaxer Member

yea because resident evil is a very long game!

umm my budget would be around $60 -just a 15 year old with no job!

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Can you butter up your parents for more money? this is a good deal.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  9. Manaxer

Manaxer Member

they might help me chip in.
    would that be easy to set up and install? or would i have to take it to the computer shop?

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Ok all you have to do is push in the card. That simple. It will come with a driver cd and you will have to install drivers for it, but if you can install a game im sure you can install a driver.

11. Manaxer

Manaxer Member

alright! thanks so much for your help!

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

No problem. The 7600 GT is one of the best cards considering its price. Next time consider building your own PC, you will learn much about computers.

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

A 7600GT puts you in a position to play any current game, albeit at reduced settings, but it will certainly play Resident Evil 4.
    You won't believe how much better your other games will look with it!
    Try turning up the resolution and detail settings!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007