1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help, having problems burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by enasiwear, Feb 1, 2005.

1. enasiwear

enasiwear Member

I use dvd shrink and then burn the dvd at 2.4 speed, using roxio dvd creator. plays on my pc, but wont play in my dvd player. I know my dvd supports the dvds because i have played movies that my friend has burned as backups with no problems. Do i need to burn in a certain format?iso9660, udf, joliet, i just dont understand what im doing wrong :-(

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Some players may only play certain formats. Some will play only +R or -R recorded discs. Since you know your player will play recordable media, are you using the same format as the one supplied by the friend? Shrink burns automatically with DVD Decrypter and CopyToDVD with ISO images. Nero burns automatically in File mode. All three are capable apps, DVD Decrypter is free and the other 2 have trials you can try.

3. enasiwear

enasiwear Member

my friend is burning dvd+r and so am i, so i dont know whats going on. I'm using dvd shrink to hard drive anf then burning in udf format at 2.4 to dvd. am i doing something wrong? any suggestions?

4. brobear

brobear Guest

http://www.dvddecrypter.com is the website for the free ripper DVD Decrypter (freeware). You'll eventually need it if you don't already. Download the Nero trial from the Nero website and install (leave out InCD anytime present). Rip the DVD to the hard drive with DVD Decrypter in File Mode. Use Open Files in DVD Shrink and encode the files. Set Shrink to burn with Nero automatically. That will tell you if you're doing anything wrong.

Another option is to burn in ISO with Decrypter. Decrypter is also a supported burner that works automatically with Shrink when set. DVD Decrypter is predominately a ripper but can be used as a backup burner. Outside the Shrink framework, one can rip in ISO mode and burn in ISO mode with Decrypter (Decrypter is all that's needed for files under 4.37GB). These programs have been tested over time and are pretty much foolproof if set up properly. In other words, if they don't work when set up properly, you have a problem. You can take a quick virtual tour of the apps with the quick guides at http://www.dvdshrink.info to see if you're missing anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2005