1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! HCT 42" LCD HDTV Problem!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dragonmg, Oct 27, 2008.

1. dragonmg

dragonmg Member

So I just bought an HCT 42" LCD HDTV, Model number HLD-42MA.

It's a Multi-System, PAL and NTSC Television (I live in Germany).

For some reason, I can't get the "Unlock" code to open one of the Menu items.

Online support for HCT is non-existent.

Seems that I can get some PAL stations, and some NTSC stations (Armed Forces Network), but the NTSC Stations require some manual tuning (that I can't get to). The PAL stations come in, then out, and it won't "auto-switch" between systems.

Can anyone help me find out how to unlock that menu option?

Thanks in advance

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Take or send it back and get something that works or has support. You get what you pay for.

3. 1C3_M4N

1C3_M4N Member

I just bought my HCT 42" LCD TV this past friday and i never had any problems. I live in Germany as well. Check your manual it should tell you how to program your TV with certain channels. The TV will do it automatically by goin through every channel and picking out the best MHZ to give you good quality. It takes about 5 mins even if that. I dont use PAL on my TV I strictly use NTSC. If you have anymore questions you can email my yahoo account at edited by ddp. If what I told you does not work then I will look into it and try to help out. The TV does work great when you play Blu-Ray movies and games.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

1C3_M4N, no email posting as per forum rules. all questions & answers are to be posted on this site as per forum rules. post edited.

5. sam49

sam49 Regular member

TVs and other entertainment gadgets have three levels of control. The first one is the few buttons in front, kind of minimalistic control over the TV. Second level is normal controls via remote and third is the maintenance mode. How to put the TV into maintenance mode varies, but usually it is some unlikely sequence of key presses via remote control. It may have happened, that the TV was or went into maintenance mode. Sometimes this happens when kids play with the remote. Some TVs return from maintenance mode when switched off for a few minutes, some needs to be reset via special remote command. Instructions how to test the TV with remote and how to get out of the test mode are in the maintenance manual, not in user's manual.