1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP HELP PLZ READ THANKYOU

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by marderfg, Jan 7, 2005.

1. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

ok what exactly doesn't let u change...

try connect through the internet explorer..
    type: [bold]ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.2[/bold] (if u didnt change ur ip)

2. marderfg

marderfg Member

say page can not be displayed lets me change file but it never did so for get last comment

3. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

ok what exactly doesn't let u change?

try connect through the internet explorer..
    type: [bold]ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.2[/bold]

4. marderfg

marderfg Member

will let me change a file thats ok now but when put that adress in i get page carnt be displayed

5. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

damn internet explorer make post it twice..
    are u talking about evox.ini??

6. marderfg

marderfg Member

no i looked in c drive i noticed that the defult.xbe hadnt changed to evoxdash.xbe but ok now i have done that thouth it could of been that y it wasnt connecting but it still dont connect

7. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

hey man have u tried this???
    [bold]ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.2 [/bold] by using the internet explorer...try it two or three times in a row (without closing internet explorer)..one more thing..when u open now ur xbox console does the balloon appears like before?and are u booting from a disc now or not...u just boot normally and u have all of ur ips..??

8. marderfg

marderfg Member

tryed 5 time still page carnt be display not booting from disk and yes i get all ips and when i boot up pc and turn xbox i do get the ballon running at 100.0mbps

9. marderfg

marderfg Member

will let you get on i really need to go to bed now work again in 8 hours hope i can pick your brains later if you you come up with out plz dont hesatate to let me know will chq emails when i get up thankyou again for help

10. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

when u try to connect through the flash what are the messages that tells u at the bottom right window?

one more thing just to see that i 've understood right...when u have boot up with the disc then u can connect to the xbox?cause if that happens double check all the settings to be the same in evox.ini (the one that is in the disc with the one that is in ur c drive)..just right click on the evox.ini which is inside d: then choose [bold]View[/bold] then hit [bold]Ctrl+A[/bold] then [bold]Ctrl+C[/bold] then close it and go to c right click on evox.ini and choose [bold]Edit[/bold] then hit [bold]Ctrl+A[/bold] then [bold]Ctrl+V[/bold] then close it hit yes and afterwards ok...try to reboot and connect..

11. marderfg

marderfg Member

yes i can only connect with boot up disk in i have checked all seeting look all the same i have done what you have told me but to no avale still dont connect

12. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

try to ping ur xbox to see if u get an answer

13. marderfg

marderfg Member

will give that a bash will have to find how to ping from some site know you do it run but thats it will let you know how i get on

14. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

sorry didnt understand what u said...!?!?!

15. marderfg

marderfg Member

will give pinging a try trying 2 do 2 jobs at once will let you no how i get on

16. marderfg

marderfg Member

when i type in ping network adapter it say carnt find network ip

but when i type in ping 192.168.0.2 it comes up ok
    with and without boot disk would it help if i send you the evox ini file in a email so you can take a look at it

17. 8u88|3

8u88|3 Member

yes ok send it and i'll have a good look to see if i can help..

18. squid808

squid808 Member

Ok, I was having the same problem, and here's what I did. (Mind you I'm not very good with computers, so my terms or ways of explaining may be a bit rough)

First, if you're not using a router, make sure whatever ethernet cable you're using has a crossover. Now, once their plugged in, on your computer's end: go to your network connections (i'm assuming you're on XP), and head to your ethernet connection that you're using's settings and properties. As example, mine was My Local Network, and i right click it and hit properties. Then under "This connection uses the following items:" click on the Internet Protocall (TCP/IP) and hit the properties button for that. Click on "Use the following IP" and type in 192.168.0.1 and set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 (these match what's on my xbox, so if yours is different, change it accordingly). leave the gateway blank, accept, and then go to the xbox.

i'm assuming you're using evox, so go to its settings. as they said, turn on the static IP option, and make sure everything else they said is on or right (FTP enabled, password xbox, etc etc. also make your IP, the one you can change, 192.168.0.3 and 192.168.0.1 as the gateway the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0). Save and exit. Reboot, and go back to the settings. It should say that you're type is static, and the IP should be right.

Then make sure your connection is working on your computer (the icon should let you know one way or the other, if not it's just a matter of fixing it like you would any network connection). Use an FTP program, and type in 192.168.0.3 as your address to connect to. Username xbox, password xbox, and you should be in.

Let me know if that works, it took me a long time to get it working, but if you fiddle with it it should eventually work.