1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, horrible spyware/adware hijacked my browser

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Donuts, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Hi,

Recently I noticed that 2 extra toolbars formed in my ie, mysearch.com and this other blue one down the bottom that apears everytime i open ie, it has a red cross in the top right to close it for the time being. It also seems to insert "sponsored links" into keyword.

Please help me get rid of it!

Ad-aware doesn't recognise it (latest one, SE)
    Spybot S&D doesn't recognise it (freshly downloaded, online updated)
    CWS Shredder doesn't recognise it (online updated)
    HijackThis, although it found some problems, it didn't eliminate this abomination (freshly downloaded)

Please Help

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

HijackThis does not eliminate anything it's a tool to log what your PC is running.... ! That log file has to be looked at by someone that knows what is good and what is not.

There is a special forum available for that at:

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

Make sure you follow the rules on the first page -- before posting your LOG of HijackThis.

3. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Or give Webroots-Spy Sweeper a try. It finds pretty much everything on my pc (as long as definitions are up to date)

4. cjy203

cjy203 Member

Have you recently installed MSN messenger plus? the hijacker sounds a lot like the 'sponsor' program bundled with MSN plus. If so the program is optional.

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Yahoo has a good anti-spy program that is part of their toolbar .. it's a freebie .. it found and removed one of those little turds that had been plagueing me for awhile ...

6. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Yes, I have recently updated my MessengerPlus. Looking back now, it's quite possible that I could have overlooked that option.

Thanks everyone