1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - i cant access Jpg files on dvd (folder is blank!)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pwhile, Nov 4, 2007.

1. pwhile

pwhile Member

I just got back from a friends house and i was given a blank dvd that has over 1000 photos burned onto the disc from a holiday we had a couple months back...

I insert the disc into my laptop and the folder opens on windows with nothing on there!! I viewed this very same disc on my friends computer and it worked fine but for some reason my computer cant detect the data on the disc... Is there anyway i can access them?? Do i need to make another copy??

Ive read other places something about enabling 'multisession' when burning the disc... Other than that i have no idea how to access these photos!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Take the disk back to your friend and tell him/her to finalize the disk (no further writing). Then it should read with no problem :)

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if your mates pc reads the photos then it could be your drive needs a firmware update to enable rading more types of media...

aswell as bbmayo saying finalize, NERO can finalize discs...

multisession is leaving the disc open to add more files to say a dvdr which isnt re-writeable.

perhaps your friend has sofware installed to read multisession media?

when you say your friends pc reads the files is this friend the one who made the dvdr?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007