1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! i cant get past the bios screen

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ap1234, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ap1234

ap1234 Member

hi i just got a computer two days ago and it worked perfectly on vista home edition. except i hate vista so i wanted to reboot it into xp. so this is what i exactly did
    1. boot xp from cd
    2. format c drive
    3. wait for reboot and nothing happend except it say os not working
    4. formatted again (slow one this time)
    5. stuck at bios screen

after all that i am stuck at the bios screen and cannot access setup or boot menu
    as far as i know the boot order is
    1. cd
    2. hdd
    3. floppy

i tried putting in a cd and floppy ut im still stuck at the bios screen

when i press del or f8 to boot setup it says "starting setup and freezes. i just wen on the comp yesterday so i know there isnt any hardware probs plzzzz need help desperately thanks in advance

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

it sounds like your hd had crashed, can you even boot up to the cd, if you go into the bios setup and choose cd as your first boot device, try that if not, take it back to the store and tell them it just died, dont tell them you try to reinstall xp. but i have vista and it seems alot more reliable not than 4 months ago, i havent had any real issues with it. Good luck.

3. tyknappy

tyknappy Member

The hdd shouldn't have crashed. Is there anything wrong with the xp cd, that could cause problems if there is

4. ap1234

ap1234 Member

thanks for your help what happens is i cant access boot menu or the setup. i dont think it crashed and there is nothing wrong with my cd or hdd as it worked b4.

5. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

First off..... what kind of computer? When needing help, be as specific to the issue as possible.