1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I completely lost trying to find my parents a DVD recorder.

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by AcesUp, Dec 5, 2004.

1. AcesUp

AcesUp Member

All,

I am looking to buy my parents a DVD recorder for christmas, with the aims that they could use this in their bedroom for recording programs and watching DVD's as they do not yet own a DVD player.

Some criteria I am hoping to meet in order of most important,

1) They currently view sky to their room from the digibox in the living room and using one of those magic eyes to change the channels. I would like them to be able to record sky from their room onto DVD.

2) I would like the recorder to be able to record to all formats i.e DVDR, DVDRW and DVDRAM.

3) I'm hoping to keep the price range from 200-350 pounds.

4) A couple of bonus feature would be a ilink connection and multi-region support.

Models I've considered so far are,

JVC - DRM10
    Toshiba - DR3
    Samgsung - R100

Criteria number one is really the big one to meet for me but aftewr research I'm still unsure of exactly how possible this is.

Any help or pointers will be greater appreciated.

Many Thanks and apologies for any typos in advance.

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Here are enough reviews to confuse you for a while ... Out of the three on your list, the JVC seems to be the best ... But Sony and LiteOn have models that record on both +R and -R discs ...

http://www.dvdrecorderworld.com/reviewlist.php

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004