1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help , i got lots of problems , xbox virgin!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dirtdog, Feb 6, 2005.

1. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

hi all , i have an executor2 chip installed on my xbox . Not sure what version the xbox is but i cannot seem to load the ms dash . I have 3 switches on the bottom , one says enable/disable , protect/unprotect , and bank1/bank2. Anyone know wht these do. If i disable chip and turn xbox on i get the "service required" page. Ive tried all te combinations i cant get it to load. You see i want to connect to xbox live and i know you must disable chip to stand a chance. Also , i can play online using www.xboxconnect.com but i cannot use any ftp programs ive tried qwix and flashxftp they both say connection timed out? Any help would be most appreciated. I want to use ftp to transfer downloaded games and to edit the evox.ini so i can lock/unlock drive so i can play live.

2. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

how did you get your dash on the xbox hdd if you cannot ftp?
    are u running it off a disc?
    if your having problems ftp'ing to the box it is most likely in your dash's ini file for evox it evox.ini and avalaunch its avalaunch.xml or something. why do you lock and unlock the hard drive you shouldnt have to do this just keep your modded dash like evox or avalaunch and name it evoxdash.xbe then name your regualr ms dash xboxdash.xbe that way when you turn the chip off it loads ms dash and loads evoxdash with chip on. your getting this service required because it cannot load the dash with the chip off because you need to have it set up like this

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

easiest thing to do is reload ms dash with an auto installer
    btw, I recommend to ANYONE to look up what things mean,and what they are, BEFORE they install them

4. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

where do i get the ms dash from to load and autoinstaller?

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The MS (Microsoft) Dashboard is just what you see when you boot up your retail Xbox. It is already installed.

6. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

If your hard drive is Unlocked, when you disable the switch to boot the MSdash, it will get an error. The hard-drive must be locked inorder to get to the MS dash when the chip is disabled...

7. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

ok , thats whats happening to me when i boot , how do i lock me hard drive? will this then let me ftp etc

8. mdsup

mdsup Guest

did you upgrade your hd? if you put a new hd in, just put the old one back in and back up the C and E partitions...then put your new hd in, format it, then ftp C and E(the ones you backed up) onto the new hd.

if you have upgraded your hd, and you copied over C and E there should be a setting in evox that will allow you to lock the hd.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  9. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

na i havent upgraded HD , i bought it pre-modded.i've had a look in system settings for option to lock HD but its not there??? cant even ftp ?? or boot with chip disabled get service 5 error etc red and green flashes .

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

does it boot up fine with the chip enabled? you got a dash running properly? sort of strange someone sold you a premod with a unlocked hd, or no ms dash.

and you are sure this is the stock hd?

you could always get a hold of slayer's 2.6 to rebuild the retail hd.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
  11. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

yeah boots fine with chip enabled , when you mean upgraded HD i have a 120gb HD with games installed on it and some utilities , not the retail HD . What about configmagic can i download this , burn to cdrw then run software from disc in xbox and lock HD ?? you think this is the reaosn it wont boot to the normal ms dash?

12. mdsup

mdsup Guest

did you put the 120gig in the xbox? that hd may not support locking, just to let you know...i have never used configmagic...sorry wish i could help...you don't have the original hd? i always recommend to people with modded xbox's that when they play on live, to use the original stock hd...i know it is a pain to switch the drives in and out...this is especially true if you signed up for live with the stock hd...many people who have signed up to live with their stock hd, and then put a new hd in have been banned...if the hd came with the premod it may not be lockable, that could be why it is unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005