1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP I NEED TO RESTORE MY MS_ DASHBOARD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by xboxjack, Apr 10, 2006.

1. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Thanks for your help shinnster the person i asked does not know anything about xbox's but know alot about PC's i have been reading through this tut http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766 which has been made up by TheReturn its just i really dont want to fusk up my PC at all i just want to be sure before i do this how many times have you actually done this shinnster and do you need alot or RAM or shit like that to do this :) wish me luck !

Could some also explain this in noob talk please as i dont really understand it much 5. ON PC. Connect pc hdd to primary IDE port. I think that is what you have now. And remove all dvd drives on secondary IDE port. Just hook up one end of IDE cable to it. The other end is free for now. It will hook up to Xbox hdd later. PC HDD AND XBOX HDD ARE ON 2 DIFFERENT IDE CABLES ON PC

I have a cable (thick gray cable) coming for the motherboard to the PC harddrive and then a split gray cable coming from the PC hard drive to 2 different CD/DVD drives do use 1 of those to hook up my xbox hard drive if not explain please there is also many other gray cables coming from the motherboard also when you say disconnect the DVD/CD drives do you mean totally inculding the coloured cables what are plugged into the DVD drives tell me what to do lol please thanks

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  2. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Anyone want to reply to my post before i start hotswap because i really need to know what i am doing thanks.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@xboxmadd
    if you need help with hotswap, Just let me know.

This hotswap can restore xbox hdd to original codition. Plus a lot of ppl have successed with my tutor.

4. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

The Return Could you explain this in noob talk please as i dont really understand it much 5. ON PC. Connect pc hdd to primary IDE port. I think that is what you have now. And remove all dvd drives on secondary IDE port. Just hook up one end of IDE cable to it. The other end is free for now. It will hook up to Xbox hdd later. PC HDD AND XBOX HDD ARE ON 2 DIFFERENT IDE CABLES ON PC that is all thanks if you read up you will see the rest i have put about my cables and stuff

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok let I say it more clear. Read one by one if you get lost, ask.

- The IDE cable has 3 connectors on it.
    - Motherboard of PC has 2 IDE ports: primary and secondary.
    - So there usually are 2 IDE cables in PC. One connects to primary IDE port. The other connect to secondary port.
    - On your pc right now. YOu have the PC's hdd connect to 1 IDE cable which goes to primary IDE. SO DONT TOUCH THIS IDE CABLE.
    - The other IDE cable, which goes to secondary IDE port, connects to DVD drives. So REMOVE ALL THE DRIVES AND LEAVE THE IDE CABLE THERE ALONE. It will connect to xbox hdd.

6. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is 1 IDE cable. Look its connects to DVD drive and HDD. Is that right?

Do you see the other IDE Cable?

8. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

The other one as in the one coming from the motherboard going into the hard drive.. yeah i do

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Can you read on motherboard around the connectors of 2 IDE cables? Do you see primary and secondary?

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Can you tell more about the connectios of 2 IDE cables?

1st IDE cable connects to what

2nd IDE cable connects to what

11. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

I see 2 cables going into 2 slots in the mother board the first cable is going all the way upto the DVD drives the other cable which is the 2nd slot goes just into my hard drive both cables are gray and the first cable has 2 connecter which are plugged into the DVD drive

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you see any word around that 2 slots on the motherboard?

13. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

The first slot is called IDE 2 in fusking small print man i cant read any other too many cables and spinning fans

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok.
    The first slot is called IDE 2 that goes to DVD drives right?

If yes, make sure PC is off. Then just disconnect this IDE cable from 2 DVD drives. But it still connect to motherboard.

Turn on PC, to see if it boot to window normally. PC should boot normally. But you dont see any DVD drives.

If it boots normally, then turn off pc. Then you are ready to do hotswap.

15. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Thanks alot TheReturn if i was you i would have just shouted at me and said NOOB but yeah man your a good guy thanks for all your help i will let you know how it goes... and Yes IDE 2 goes to the DVD drives so i take them out inculding the coloured cables plung in my xbox either cable ? and boot continue tut :)

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

wait...
    The color cables is power cables.
    the gray wide cable is IDE cable.

If can disconnect both power cables and IDE cables from dvd drives.

But that IDE cable still connects to motherboard. And the other end of it will connect xbox hdd.

YOU NEED to re-read the tutor.

17. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Ok ok i will NOT remove the colour cables (power) i will keep them plugged in i will do this
    and will still follow your tut thanks TheReturn :)

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok. will be back

19. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Hello TheReturn its working i can see the harddrive and files in on the hard drive i want to put it back to normal how can you tell me where i need to put the origional dashboard please thanks

20. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

I can see all the places Partition 0,1,2,3,4

Partition 0: Sounds_xb, english, multiplayermaps.ss2,singlemaps .ss2,gamercommon.ss2, M_menumusic.ss2

Partition 1: sgf

Partition 2 fonts/ handel_goth-13, conduit-16 mslcd-14, conduit-13 handel_goth-24, handel_goth-11, conduit-12, fixedsys-9 font_table.txt

Partion 3 fonts/XBOX.xtf, Xbox Book.xtf, s3.xtf, s2.xft, s.xtf, ernie.xtf, bert-generic.xtf

Partition 4 Apps, Backup/MS/xodash, xboxdashdata.18, fonts, audio, xboxdash.xbe, xbox.xtf, xbox book.xtf. CACHE/LocalCACHE05 LocalCACHE02 LocalCACHE01 LocalCACHE08 LocalCACHE00 Games, TDATA, UDATA.

If you or anyone could tell me how i can get my origional dashboard back that would be great thanks

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006