1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP I NEED TO RESTORE MY MS_ DASHBOARD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by xboxjack, Apr 10, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Backup everything to PC first.

Your MS dash in Backup on Partition4

Did you read "Restore xbox hdd to manufacturing codition" on my tut? Just do like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2006
  2. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

I have downloaded a MS Dashboard ready on my PC :) but i will back up if needed :) what next ? Oh yeah i read it yeah... so i just do what it says and it should load my dashboard :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  3. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Right its getting on my nerves now.... i did this..
    After you have xplorer360 to access xbox hdd, then you can tell partition 3 is C drive and partition 4 is E drive.

So you want to make the xbox back to manufacturing condition, then follow this:

Partition3:/Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata, xodash, xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

Partiton4:/UDATA, TDATA

Partition 0-2 is empty

NOTE: UDATA and TDATA folders are EMPTY. Partition 3 has the complete clean working MS dash. I deleted the files in UDATA and TDATA because you said they are empty i made sure i had the same files as it said it had in the list above check it and its still not working have i done anything wqrong ?????????
    I STILL HAVE ALL THE FILES ON MY PC so if you can be kind and tell me what i need and dont it would save me money thanks

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes.

Are you the same person, xboxjack?

5. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

No i am xboxmadd the one who has the messed up xbox error 21 i am trying to figure out what files i need to get my xbox working again i am doing it the hotswap way what do i need in each petition 0,1,2,3,4 i am really confused and want it fixed please

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

What? still dont know what to do.

Do this:

7. paul06

paul06 Member

can anyone help me restore my xbox to factory, it was softmodded and ive messed up ive got an error 21 and cant ftp to it! ive tried and no sucsess?? please help

8. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Man i am having that same problem yeah that hotswaps man its crazy nearlly buggered my PC up just dont know what to do man :S

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

10. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Correct i got into the hard drive done as it said and the xbox still has error 21 ! :(

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@xboxmadd - pls mind the language for the older viewers

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

is this what you have on xbox hdd right now?

Partition3:/Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata, xodash, xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

Partiton4:/UDATA, TDATA (2 folders are empty)

Partition 0-2 is empty

If YES and you still have error 21, then do hotswap again.
    Delete everything in Partition 3.
    Copy all files and folders in Backup/MS/ from PC to partition 3. So you will have like this

Put xbox hdd back to Xbox. Reboot. It should work.

13. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

In the MS dash folder one of them is called xboxdashdata.185ead00 shall i rename it to xboxdashdata or leave it please reply now cause i am in the process of it now

14. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

Dont matter mate i have finally done it all thanks to you its back to normal all good games fine dashboard fine sorry if i kinda bit at you but i get stressed easy lol thanks again The Return :) one other thing i cant sign onto live says would you like to trouble shoot your network both the IP and DNS are set to automatic have i missed something :) thanks

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. paul06

paul06 Member

just replying to say thank you for directing me to the hot swapping link i hope this repaires my xbox, will keep checking back to this site to see what you have to say and will notify you of any ulrika joy moment lol (when i finally fix my xbox) i hope. ta

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

If you follow exactly what I said, then your xbox will work.

I had a lot of ppl successed to fix their xbox with my hotswap tutor.

18. xboxmadd

xboxmadd Member

@Paul06

When he means exactaly do it cause it can get stressful but then again i have had a few late nights in a row ! as you can see it took me a while to get my xbox back to normal but it did work and PC is fine good luck paul06

19. paul06

paul06 Member

i cant access my xbox throught ftp, my xbox has a error 21 it cant play anything theres no options for me to access and ms dash or modded dash, i tried hotswap and it would recognise the drive! im lost and to top it all i cant get my pc to let me access the new memory card i bought today with the controller cable to pc!! omg i really need help my msn address is pauluk03 msn com.

20. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

so u cant even play games and when do u get error 21 when u try to go on to live?