1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - I think I am in big trouble!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by BlackShad, Sep 2, 2004.

1. BlackShad

BlackShad Member

Hi there,
    I have been trying for hours to get a version of evox installed on my xbox having only fitted a xenium ice modchip today. I am having massive problems and think I may have killed my xbox. I made backups of my c: and e: using ftp and have had multiple attempts at installing evox using the slayer installer. I have now decided that I am going to try to use the method of copying the basic files onto a disc and then copying them across using ftp but I cant get my xbox to load anymore. It just displays the error saying that I need to call the service centre and flashes green and red on the eject button. I have tried a couple of times formatting each partition of the drive and copying back across the backups I made but it still comes up with the same errors. HHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!

2. scottas

scottas Guest

when you insert the slayers disk is the dash coming up? If so, go into settings to get your ip so you can connect with flash ftp or whatever ftp program you are using. Copy all your backup files back to their original locations. Then ftp the evox dash files to the c: drive. You may need to download original m$ files to get rid of the frag (flashing red and green) but the xbox should now be able to boot with chip enabled to your evox dash. You can get the M$ files here http://www.x-b-o-x.net/modules/news/ along with the newest evox dash. If you can ftp, there is no reason to use slayers. If the dash isn't coming up with your slayers disk, download the newest evox and make a new disk. Then do the ftp. You can then ftp the apps you want also.

3. BlackShad

BlackShad Member

Which files are the m$ files you mention? can you link to them for me?

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Do back-up games work?
    Your chip may have been installed incorrectly check you solder points.

5. BlackShad

BlackShad Member

I managed to salvage the backup by remebering what I had changed and changing it back. I found out that my problem was that I was using a bios which wasnt compatible with the slayer evox installer, once I had changed my bios the installer worked perfectly