1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Im being hacked!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by neosabaho, Oct 20, 2007.

1. neosabaho

neosabaho Member

Im in a motel using wired free TI line internet access. Today someone hacks my computer and deletes everything in my My Documents folder and places this "bleeped out txt" file.

Heres what it said...

"bleep u gonna stop usin that bleep gay a** nerdy WoW game and stop usin all the bleep internet conncetion,ima bleep u up.warning."

Ive just downloaded SnoopFree Privacy Shield 1.0.7 to see the intrusion and block it but that isn't enough...

In my docs he deleted pictures of a recently deceased friend of mine that i have been photoshopping for a few days now and its gone...

I WANT HIM TO PAY...but i dont know how

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  2. neosabaho

neosabaho Member

Also my WoW account is down because i aint payed it...so i aint the one hoggin up the net either

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

for one thing you should edit out the cuss words in your post, no reason to post stuff like that, you might try doing a system restore to the day before all of this happend, also you might install zone alarm, also turn your firewall on, good luck

4. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

You could also use an undelete program like PC File inspector. It can find deleted files and sometimes can restore them. Worth a shot.

~Rich

P.S. For future reference, always use a firewall when connecting to a public network.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@neosabaho
    As rdmercer1 said - watch the language. I realize it's from a text file but rules are rules. I'm sure we could have read between the lines to figure out what it said :)

6. neosabaho

neosabaho Member

Well too bad the guy must have been reading what I was doing. A few minutes after this post the guy must have deleted something inside of windows because now the damn thing wont work at all now...

7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

sounds like you will have to put in your restore disk and thain go from there, next time it would be a good idea to have a firewall installed and turned on, also zone alarm is a good thing to have instaled, good luck

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

plus backup you're HD to a CD/DVD or a slave HD

9. arcder23

arcder23 Member

well bud i feel bad 4 u cuz i play wow to..

the best thing is to get Zone alarm in pop your firewall on High so NO ONE CAN GET IN!!!!!

change your IP, 192.168.1.???

or wipe your system

10. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Disconnect your computer from the internet and pull out any wireless usb's...

Change your ip:
    Start>Run>type CMD>type Ipconfig /renew

Then back everything up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

will this delete info on you're HD ?

12. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

I'm not completely sure but if you get some program to see who did it and find out who it was in the motel(probably a staff member) i believe what they did is a federal offense and they can be charged for it, but once again im not completely sure.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  13. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

What info?Data?

No it won't.
    If you're talking about data to track the hacker,I think the main concern is losing more data.

14. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

system restore?

You can also find his IP address. Get into cmd and type netstat -n

Tell us all the IPs you see. If one of them has a odd number (what I mean by this is a high number, about 1000, then thats where the trojan/backdoor is most likely installed on.)