1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in finding a good Motherboard and chip

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Galford, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Galford

Galford Member

Hello,
    I would like to know what is a good mother board and chip to run Flight Simulator X? I been having some problems running this game on my pc because I feel my specs are too low to run Flight Simulator X.
    Here are my Specs..
    Windows Xp pro
    Pentium 4 Hyper Technology 3.2 Ghz
    1 Gb ram
    Radeon X1650pro 512mb
    Hdd Sata 300gb
    It still runs slow...If anyone knows what I can do to enhance my gaming experience please let me know. I am willing to spend around $1500 on a good motherboard and chip. Thanks

2. willpow3r

willpow3r Member

If you want to upgrade to run flight simulator x you don't just buy a new motherboard. With 1500 you could build a new computer that will run it great. It you want to keep the same system, i recommend getting a new processor, ram, and video card. Which in turn will also make you buy a new motherboard if you want to get the new Intel Core 2 Duo.

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

core 2 duo
    1gb more of ram
    high end graphics card

but thats if your current mobo is a 775 socket one and has room for more ram if not a new mobo too. a better graphics card alone will boost your games tho, the 1650 pro isnt the best g card. a 8800 gts will see you getting near double the fps.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

I think you can run it now.
    Radeon 9600XT gets it on Mid-Middle working at about 19fps at 1024x768 you would be able to run this at not an amazing rate.
    Id say if you put it on high and enabled Anti-Aliasing etc run it at 1024x768 at about 40-45fps.
    Maybe not.
    But why do people have so many issues saying they cant run this game while other people just run it easily so far ive seen a 6600GT 256mb run it on high, a 9600XT run it on mid mid,a 6800ultra 256mb all breeze through it and all were running on Pentium 4's. 2.8-3.4ghz.
    But FS:X is a DirectX 10 game not 9 but it runs on 9 but running it on nine the problem is it puts about 75% of the pressure on the cpu and only 25% on the GPU while running it with vista and 10 it evens it out more because it was designed with a DX 10 engine.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007