1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in using Adobe Premier Pro 7!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Dwayno, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you Have to do is render your Project in Vegas Video 4 as a Mpeg2 file and you will need to render the audio seperately and render the audio as AC3 dolby digital ...Then you can Load the Mpeg2 Video and AC3 audio into DVD architect seperately...I don"t use DVD architect, i only have it installed because it lets Vegas Encode Mpeg2 and AC3...I usually use something like DVD-Lab or DVD producer to author my DVD"s....Cheers

2. acedance

acedance Member

I am not able to import MP3 files in DVD architect its asking for activation code of MP3 Pluggin 2.0. Is there any workaround?

Rgs

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why are you Trying to import Mp3 files into DVD architect??? You can not Use Mp3 as the audio in a DVD, You can only use AC3, Wav or Mp2 in DVD"s...You should be useing Vegas to encode the Mp3 to AC3 ......

4. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Hi Minion, It's me again..
    I took on board your advice about using a capture program which enables you to use huffy uv and tweak colour space. So I started to use Virtual Vcr and I seem to be having problems capturing video using it Virtual VCR version 2.6.9 build:6252 I keep getting the following error message: Cannot Set Video Format : E_FAIL : 80004005
    I'm not familiar with this software and I'm not sure if I have a setting wrong or whether my capture card is not up to scratch. I have a InnoDv DV-1000 capture card. Do you think my card is incompatible? If so do you know of a reasonably priced capture card which is any good? - By the way Vegas is still capturing video fine! I'm so confused about this all. What's going on? grrr!

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

OHHHH...You are Captureing from an Digital Cam corder Via Firewire card...I thought you were captureing From an Analogue source...Just disregard All I said before about useing HuffyUV and Colorspaces as it only applys to Analogue..In this case you should be useing Vegas to capture ..Sory about this But I was under the Impression that you were doing analigue capture...Cheers

6. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Minion, Are you saying that I can't use the huffy uv codec because I have digital camcorder?
    The whole point of using huffy was so that I can compress the large avi files Vegas creates.
    Is this not the case then?

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you can Use HuffYUV But not to Capture with (well there Might be a way but there would be no advantage to doing it), Huffy is best for captureing when it is from an analogue source But you can still use HuffyUV to Render your Projects but there wouldn"t be much advantage over DV and Rendering a DV Project to a DV file on your Harddrive is Lossless (Mostly) and you will get Better Compression so you will Have smaller File sizes with DV.....Cheers

8. acedance

acedance Member

Mr. Minion,
    would u pls tell me how to get dvdproducer3.5.1 activated?

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you Buy it....Why ask me ??? You shouldn"t ask this stuff here anyways cuz there are Rules about this type of stuff....

10. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Well I'm off to buy a bigger hard drive, as it seems this will resolve my issue concerning diskspace. Thanks for all your help Minion you've been extremely helpful.

11. mbanx

mbanx Guest

I am very new to all as well I have what might be a simple question my brother sent me a DVD he made with some interviews on it well the opening screen has is picture with 4 small pictures of the people interviewed and you can select which one you want to watch first is this something that would be done with Vegas Video or Premier?

12. Minion

Minion Senior member

That is Just a scene selection Menu, you can do those with any DVD Authoring program and they are Very easy...

13. Dwayno

Dwayno Member

Hi Minion, me again,
    I've bought a new hard drive, a Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 200gb, I've formatted the whole drive as one partition using NTFS. But my disk manager shows a 189gb hard disk. What happened to the other 11gb? Is there a way I can reclaim this wasted disk space? I'm running Windows XP Pro.
    Thanks

14. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well You Can"t reclaim the extra 11gb because it doesn"t exist, Hard drive Company"s do not Measure there Drives Properly when they Say 200gb they mean
    200,000mb , Or instead of 1gb being it"s True ammount of 1024mb being 1000mb the way the drive Manufacturer reads it...It is the Same with My 120gb Drive cuz it only is ready as a 114gb drive...It is a Bit of False advertizeing......Cheers