1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help installing DUOX 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by damark, Dec 22, 2004.

1. damark

damark Guest

Looking for install guides on installing DUOX 2. Thanks in advance.

2. jay22b

jay22b Member

what happened to the old search engines. use any search bar and type duo x or duo x 2.... you going to need more help then this if u stuck on finding instructions.......

3. damark

damark Guest

Such useful help you provided. Great attitude to. Now, why didn't I think to search for it?

I did, all I have found are a couple pictures, I was hoping for a step by step guide somewhere. The duox website has a couple pictures that just show where the chip should go, but not much else.

4. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

Try psxtune.com. The diagrams aren't great, but they're better than most. What version are you trying to install? Most are pretty easy, but if you have a v1.6 it seems to be a lot more involved than any other. I'm working on that install now. Feel free to e-mail with questions.

5. jay22b

jay22b Member

6. damark

damark Guest

What is your address? You are so helpful I want to send you money. I mean, come on! Who would of thought of searching the internet? Not me!

Hey, dipstick, I already stated I have found diagrams(er, pictures) and that I was looking for more in-depth instructions. It's amazing that stoopid are allowed on the net.

7. damark

damark Guest

BTW, my message was for jay, not t-traxxx

8. jay22b

jay22b Member

dont know what u want then. duo x 2 are the easier chip to install on the market mate. the install instructions are there and easy to follow.
    done atleast 10 my self.

9. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

damark- which version are you trying to install the chip in?

10. damark

damark Guest

Oh, I'm not anymore. I got it installed a while back. It really wasn't that hard. The biggest problem I had was lack of solder experience. I also didn't have a good solder iron, the tip was way to big.

Thanks for the help though.

11. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

was it a v1.6? i'm having trouble with that right now

12. damark

damark Guest

Yeah. I actually had a guy redo it for me properly and I haven't looked at it yet to see what it looks like. I won't be able to until Sunday. What is your problem? Maybe Sunday I can take a look and help you out.