1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help installing DVD Player. please help!

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by syracuse, Sep 3, 2004.

1. syracuse

syracuse Guest

does anyone know anything about putting a dvd player into one of the drives. I first removed the plastic flap, then I encountered this metal cage in the drive and I can't take it out. It just slides back and forth, in and out, but never actually comes out of the drive space. I don't know what to do. I'm so frustrated. They should make it so you can just pull the metal cage thing out and then put the dvd burner in. Please help, and if it makes it any easier, my computer is a compaq presario, windows xp.
    Please respond to my question. Thank you.

2. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

Had the same problem installing a drive in my sisters pressario (may be an older model than yours about 4 years).There should be plastic clips on either side of the cage which you need to press to release it. These clips belong to two runners which you remove from the cage and press on to the side of your drive, when you insert the drive into the bay you should hear a click when the drive is secure.PS.My sisters pressario had a blue cover attached to the front casing which i had to remove first.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  3. syracuse

syracuse Guest

Oh, Thank you so much!!!!

4. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

Let us know how you got on installing the drive if not post up the model of your pressario and i will have a look for the user manual.

5. syracuse

syracuse Guest

I've already installed the dvd burner inside the computer. Thank you so much for the help.