1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help installing Orange Box

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by pcrazy99, Jan 8, 2008.

1. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I bought a copy of The Orange Box used. The woman I bought it from said it was a Christmas gift for her son. The realized they didn't want him to play it and sold it to me. She said she uninstalled it from her PC. When I try to install it I get a message stating that the key is already installed with another Steam account, making the key inavalid. Any suggestions?

2. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

sounds like you got screwed...try looking online for keys...maybe you can just find a free one like with halo 1

3. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem looking online for a key so I can play the single player version. I bought this game with the key, the discs and box. The reason I bought it is for the online play. The game was installed and then uninstalled. I got an email from Valve stating that they do not reset cd keys for games sold by an individual or used game store. Oh well lesson learned. I won't buy any Valve games or anything to do with Steam.

4. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

u could try to get a refund from her and just make a steam account and buy the game online and download it.

5. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I finally got my money back the other day. I'm not going to bother trying to buy a new copy from Steam or the store. I just decided to not buy anymore games from Valve.

6. Ratchet2

Ratchet2 Member

Valve is really good at what they do...